PPT mouthpieces

Greetings from way down south

muzza

Locality
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi All,

If you head south..keep going.. pass through a couple of time zones and come to a big white house with cool tunes coming from a tenor. You have the right place, but turned up with my son playing. Wait a while and you’ll get a badly played alto that occasional hits the sweet spot for a few bars. That’s me.

I’m now about 9 month into my saxophone journey and unable to afford lessons have been teaching myself saxophone and music from internet resources, this site being one, and hand me down books. Thankfully my kids saxophone teacher has given me a couple of lessons that were invaluable.

Today was a great day and one that showed me I am making progress. Last night, I found sheet music to a tune played by Benny Carter on the first saxophone album I bought 13 years ago and today I gave it a go. Yes I played it badly and didn’t get right the way through it, but hey in about 20 minutes I was able to read the music, work out the rhythms and played though the first section and know the rest will follow with some more time spent on it. What a feeling.

Anyway lot’s more to learn and improve on.

Cheers
Murray

Hi down there. We'Ve a couple of other Kiwis on the forum, so you're not alone. Have fun here, and make it two guys playing cool tunes soon!

Welcome to the cafe muzza :thumb:

Enjoy your journey :)

Hi Murray, welcome to the cafe :)

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from The Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Ospreylia, mind. Congratulations on you success in beginning to learn the Benny Carter tune you described - always great when we can clearly see progress.

I look forward to your participation over the weeks and montha ahead on the Forum and hope that you get real benefit from participating!

Kind regards
Tom

Welcome to the caff©, Murray.

We generally like Maoris, just don't mention rugby.

ENJOY!

Hey Hey Murray ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

If you need any other on-line stuff just yell ...

Most of the members here have a secret stash of links to help ... ;}

Hi Murray

Loved your intro, been playing about 6 months myself (soprano) so I know what you are going through. Well done on your progress.

Enjoy the cafe.

Jx

Welcome, Murray. I'm curious now, what was the Benny Carter tune you were playing?

Welcome to the Café Murray:thumb:, looking forward to listening to some duets with you and your youngster.

Chris

Thanks for the welcome.

The piece is "My one and only love". Now I've googled it, I have found it’s a well played piece and it is interesting seeing the different ways it is played.

Welcome Murray. I found a Benny Carter tune the other day and it's called Palm Beach Mood. I also have a book of his solos and a friend has it right now.

Jim.

Unfortunately, I do not have the solo section and it would be a little beyond me at present. Out of interest what is the book you have called. Thanks.

Hey Hey Murray ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

If you need any other on-line stuff just yell ...

Most of the members here have a secret stash of links to help ... ;}

Says Otto...........................................

Gday muzza
Visionari1 also posts on this forum and is one of your countrymen from
wellington I think.
Im just over to the west a little in melbourne Aus`.
Ive been learning since april.
and having a ball.
Allansto.:welldone

Welcome from up top, here in not so sunny Rugby...... Did someone say don't mention the RUGBY?

Back
Top Bottom