support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Greetings from Scotland

Dave McLaughlin

Sesquipedalian
Café Supporter
Hi, folks. I bought my alto about 20 years ago, dabbled for a few years, then gave up. Lately, I've been listening to jazz and that's got me interested in playing again. So I've got the alto out of mothballs and bought a tenor.

Hi Dave!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from all those in Skabertawe, down by yer in a fellow Celtic Country! "Alto for brains, Tenor for Brawn" as the saying goes. I am mainly focussing on Soprano at the moment, cultivating a North European Jazz vibe. So what sort of Jazz have you been listening to over recent weeks?

Hope you have a lovely time here, and I look forward to hearing about your progress in the coming weeks and months.
Kind regards
Tom

Greetings Dave and welcome! I am also a returning player after a 20+ year hiatus. I thought bats were going to fly out of the case when I opened it up again about 3 years ago. It's wonderful you've picked it up again.

Cheers!

Hi Dave

Welcome to the cafe,lots of useful advice available here to help you on your way, hope you enjoy the new tenor sax but the alto has many virtues to be explored too when you get to know it better.

All the best...john

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom