support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Greetings from Germany

I would call me an intermediate player foremost of the classical literature.
main instrument YAS62 with a VANDOREN AP3 or a vandoren V16. I also play the soprano. The bigger saxophones? Perhaps in the future.

Welcome! I love the Soprano, Alto not so much. What Soprano mouthpiece are you playing? SP3? I have a V16 T6, but mainly play a Selmer Concept.
Hi there, have a Selmer C* that I do not like very much. I run into some difficutlies with air trapping and to be honest it is Not the sound I am looking for; the big advantage is the really accurate intonation. I also have a V16 S6 and I have a Missing Link from Joe Giardullo, that ist somewhere in between the before mentionned.

It is a YSS475II. I was looking for an affordable but solid horn. And I absolutely did not want to struggle everyday with pitch problems. I am really lucky with the 475. And playing the soprano is so much fun!
I also have a YSS-475ii. I like it a lot. The intonation is very solid.

I suspect it may be better than my 82Z. My intonation is great except for the palm keys. Eb/E/F/F# are +-45c depending on voicing. Eb tends to be flat while E+ tend to be very sharp. How is intonation on the 475's palm keys?
The palms are on the sharp side but very manageable. 10-15c sharp. Pretty easy to voice into tune.

I suspect it may be better than my 82Z. My intonation is great except for the palm keys. Eb/E/F/F# are +-45c depending on voicing. Eb tends to be flat while E+ tend to be very sharp. How is intonation on the 475's palm keys?
In the Upper Range it is too sharp but it is still ok. When I remember my daily high note struggle with my Selmer SA80II, I would say: the YSS475 is doing very well

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom