supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

M/Pieces - Ligs Graftonite revisited

jthole

Great news!

I think that the Rico is quite a superb piece - the same would apply to the Runyon 22 at £30
The Runyon 22 pieces are excellent! I recently sold a #7 and I'm using a #5 myself (on alto). A bit more edge than my Meyer, which is good for playing lead alto.

berniesax

i use a graphtonite b5 on my soprano ! half the price of the yam"plastic" and in mho better all round ! been thinking of experimenting with the metalite on my tenor just to see if theres a balance between my faithful old ny metal link and rubber/ebonite ?
cheers
bernie

TomMapfumo

I used to use a B7 soprano - very good indeed. The metalite is described as having a similar sound to a metal mouthpiece, but obviously the question of materials' effect on sound has been questioned by many folks - is it size and shape of mouthpiece rather than material per se that has the major influence on sound.

In the meantime I have been having an extended play of my Runyon 22 #7 Alto on my usual set up - sounds very good indeed, and will play it over the next few weeks.

Kind regards
Tom

berniesax

i also use a runyon 22 on my alto not bad at all ! but the plastic lig that came with it was cr*p !
cheers bernie

jonf

Bernie, the metalite isn't between the NY link and a normal rubber/ebonite piece. It's way brighter. When you look at them you'll see why, they have a big baffle with a pronounced step.

Compound, they don't come with a lig and cap, not at that price.

Jon

berniesax

i just assumed there might be some middlle ground ? anyway thanx jon
bernie

"what is it about the word "assume" can,t remember ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom