support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Goodbye and Fare thee Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mann

Account Closed
Locality
near York
I start this,my last posting here,with a quote that I used earlier from Groucho Marx--
Any club that would have me as a member I wouldnt join!!
Your "moderator(Owner and censor)Pete has taken the side of Dictatorships(both Religious and Political) the world over in supporting the exclusion of Freedom of Speech from HIS Website while saying,somewhat untruthfully,that supports Freedom of Speech.
I have no doubt that very few of you will read this my last posting because it will be "moderated" by Pete in order to placate the "senior memberxs" of this cosy conformist commercially run coffee klatch who take exception to some of the undeniably TRUTHFUL(and proveable) statements I have made about their integrity and self regard especially as to their ridiculous claims of their right to call themselves JAZZ players--.
I played with Chris MacGregors "Brotherhood of Breath" in the 1960s at Ronnie Scotts Club and the Africa Centre in London--it was a band made up of persecuted South African Black/Brown guys --perseciuted by the Apartheid system whose number one way of controlling dissent was to deny Freedom of Speech--in the exact same way that Pete is doing so at the pressure from--among others-a S African "Senior Member"using hypocritically a Native surname(White guys do not have Native names)--in that band was a lot of turmoil and anger over the way that White people(British Jazzers included) in general patronised Black/Brown musicians mainly by presuming that because they(the whites)could play strings of other peoples cliches that they had memorised from records and "Teach yourself to Play Jazz Books(similiar to the ones that Pete sells)they were somehow in tune with Black/Brown aspirations and that they shared in their suffering.
Anyway now I take my leave of you--It is noticeable that not one of you wrote in support of my rights to Freedom of Speech at all--leaving me to presume that every last one of you has no regard or support for Freedom of Speech.
Freedom of Speech CANNOT be Moderated or otherwise censored as Pete says-
that way is anti-democratic and results in Dictatorships of one kinfd or another
I have learned much from one or two writers here both positively and negatively--it is unfortunate that several of the "senior members" can dictate to Pete exactly how Freedom of Speech can be perverted and unfortunate that Pete has shown himself willing to exercise censorship on their behalf
Vale
Mann
www.experientialknowingness.co.uk

PS--Pete--please leave this my last post here for all to read without changing or amending in any way what I have written--after over 400 people have accessed it and they would constitute a "hidden majority"
If you cancel this(as I suspect you must"-then it is what I would expect that a person like you would do
Regards

Thank god (or whoever you follow, others are available) that this is your last post, but I do hope that YOU take the time to read mine.

This is probably the most relaxed place on earth. We all have our opinions and we are proud of them. We like to discuss our views and we RESPECT others for their opinions and views!

Pete very rarely has to "moderate" our posts because we write them in a way that will hopefully not insult or upset any one. A child of five could read my posts, so could a person with strong religious views. I often joke with others, and sometimes take the micky out of other member, but only members I know that are game for a laugh!

I suppose thats what makes this forum different to most of the others. We have all taken the time to get to know one another, and we know where to draw the line.

You obviously don't fit into this criteria, so I wish you farewell. Long live music, in all it's coulours flavours and smells!

*A great Big wave from Sunray*

I tried to read your post mate ...

But I get lost in among your words - sorry ... I get rather bored [yawn] trying to understand the point(s) that you make, "none of which seem relevant here" [at least I don't think they are] ...

I'm not trying to be rude or dismissive to you and I wish you well ...

Bye ...

Mann, I have very little idea what you are talking about because I only looked at one post of yours and found it tedious, rambling and barely intelligible. Slagging off Pete though raises my interest, as does comparing apartheid with his "moderation" of your posts (you are way out of line with that one).

Pete is a good guy - through him, this site gives to charity, and provides a fabulous wealth of knowledge - for free. It's a shame it doesn't meet your high standards in providing a pulpit for your views (whatever they are) but no doubt you will find a suitable home elsewhere and we will soon recover from your loss.

I too wish you well Mann, and hope that somewhere out there in the great unknown, you find someone who will appreciate your style of post.

As others say, Pete is a good guy, who we all respect and regard as a friend!!

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow have i been asleep and missed it all again, i think i would say i have nothing but praise for these guys who have given me a lot of help and i am glad pete started the site.
i would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all that have helped me.
as far as moderation i don't think i've seen any,unlike some sites
keep up the good work and long may it continue
pip

Taz-
What a pompous "senior member" you are!
You practice self censorship in order not to offend others and end up writing bland "arent I nice?" cliches that are worthy of Dale Carnegie at his most obsequious.
As for "relaxed" --the tension of conformism of the groupmind of you "senior members" to deny Freedom of Speech that you are a part of betrays that fanciful claim to being relaxed
I do not expect you to see the error of your ways-so I shall point them out and go on playing my sounds with people that are only names and photos on the record covers that are your source of cliches
Regards.
www.experientialknowingness.co.uk

Sunray
I do sincerely hope that you will enjoy copying others far more original and gifted than you will ever be in this or any lifetime
Regards

Dooce
Your words in support of denial of Freedom of Speech(the technique is the basis of Political/religious Fascism)reveals the lowness of your cultural and humanistic insight into life itself
regards

I would just like to say that I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of Taz, Dooce, Sunray, johnboy and 1954pip.
Also, I don't think that "freedom of speech" should be used as an excuse for rudeness and insults to other people.

Mann,
I don't doubt your sincerity and I am sure we all could have benefitted and still could benefit from your saxophone knowledge and experience. This is not a philosophical discussion forum, it is purely for saxophonists. All grades from mine, best described by paraphrasing the Millwall chant "I'm sh*t and I know it." to the highly skilled and professional.

Pete is a great guy, look at his charity record on this board. He kindly let me post an item regarding Legal Aid shortcomings but otherwise runs a strict no religion, no politics forum, a totally understandable aim and that is why "we, the senior members" like it here.

It would be interesting to exchange views on another suitable board but luckily there are always self imposed restrictions in life, otherwise I would have been a murder victim long ago. ;}

Thank you for your visit, it has made our responsibilities clearer and may I wish you understanding, happiness and fulfilment.
Sincerely
old git.

Time to close this thread I think, everyone has had time to have their say.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom