PPT mouthpieces

Glad to be here

RAM

Locality
legend
Hello, I'm trying to learn the alto sax by myself (at least in the beginning) and this site has been a big help already. I'm 50 and live in Los Angeles, CA. USA. I used to play the drums back in grade school so needless to say, I have a great deal to learn. Looking forward to learning from everyone here and really appreciate the help.

RAM

Welcome to the café RAM.

Playing drums before should have given you a good sense of timing and rythm. That's really useful.

I have a brother in Los Angeles. Not playing any instrument. Surfing when the conditions allow. It's a good thing at 65.

Anyways, enjoy the café. It's a good place to start. But a tutor is highly recommended.

Take care.

Welcome from the southern end of the Pacific - enjoy learning the alto sax - drums can be handy - unfortunately you can't play any rolls or paradiddles on the saxophone...and remember have fun...

Greg S.

Welcome RAM! Of course along with the site and forum you have several million hours of saxophone playing and lessons on YouTube.

Welcome to the Cafe from the opposite coast. Have fun and best of luck on your journey.

And welcome from what some call our "north coast"--Ohio! Looking forward to seeing your progress reports!

Welcome, and have fun playing and participating in the café!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the cafe. Been slacking a little but I'll get back to practicing asap.

Welcome @RAM - having drums in your pocket (see what I did there?) will help your playing fantastically, however long it's been.

Back
Top Bottom