support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Gas Attack!

Have you found any sound clips of one playing... nicely? Remember, it's Italian, and even at £100 you'll be putting another £300-500 into it. Not economical, but if you knew it would be lovely... maybe?
OK, so then you have to decide which to play every time and then you become only 50% proficient on each due to their idiosyncracities. If you knew the Santoni would be better, selling the Grassi would be feasible I guess.

I know. It's very unlikely that the Santoni will displace the Grassi, so there's no logic to it unless I can sell the Santoni for what I have invested in it. If I thought I could sell it for close, then I would do it, but realistically, that's not probable.

Though, for what it's worth, my current impression is that this is more than "just another" second-line Italian stencil. I think it may be able to compete with much more expensive horns, but that doesn't mean that I can sell it at a much more expensive price. Clearly I need a sponsor - something like: "Michael Brecker played on one of these whenever he chose to play on a vintage Italian horn."

Actually, Jan Gabarek does, or did, play a Santoni curvy soprano as his main horn. Just a slightly smaller one than mine.

Spotted this one... not seen a Couesnon version before...

There's a thread somewhere on SOTW about a Couesnon Santoni stencil.
And I think @kevgermany has a Santoni branded one.

Looks mint, but €550 near Paris (fancy a little trip?).

The little trip would involve 2 weeks quarantine afterwards.
But if it can play anywhere close to the one in your second Youtube clip then it's a bargain.

There's a thread somewhere on SOTW about a Couesnon Santoni stencil.
And I think @kevgermany has a Santoni branded one.
Yes it's a Couesnon stencil made by Santoni. Not worth a trip abroad plus quarantine.

Yes, looks the same as mine. But mind's silver plated.
By the way the neck looks wrong. Could be just an embellishment on later models. But the Couesnon I saw before had a neck like mine.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom