support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones full set of 4 for a grand ??

lot 89: "an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers. " lols

at any auction , before the sale, you can email and ask them for some pictures and a condition report.
Or call them, if you're lucky , one of the assistants will answer your questions as s/he examines the lots in the room.

how d'y a think *I* ended up with 11 nice saxophones ?? ;-P
clue: it sure wasn't by buying on eBay...

here's the last sax was bidding on at an auction 40 miles from my home:
anybody know what it is & know what it's worth ??

buescher.jpg

OMG, That's a straight alto isn't it?!! £100-150?! I wish our auctions were as good in Colchester :)

She shoots, SHE SCORES!! the boy-scout "Sax-Spotters" badge goes to sax-girl!
an ALL original Buescher straight Alto in Eb , minty silver & gold, original pads, neck & case , etc....
it sold for nearly £5,000 in the end,
by which time i was sitting glumly on my bidding paddle ;-)

I saw an auction sold a Mk. VI alto for £1000. Stupid people.

how d'y a think *I* ended up with 11 nice saxophones ?? ;-P
clue: it sure wasn't by buying on eBay...

Is that a safe bet of a place(Bonhams) to get a great sax, would you recommend it?

Selmer Alto of them 4...sniff....:crying:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a safe bet of a place(Bonhams) to get a great sax, would you recommend it?

Selmer Alto of them 4...sniff....:crying:

Bonhams is a good auction house, especially for classic cars. I guess they don't know much about saxes.

Bonhams are pretty knowledgeable on old master art and fine antique violins, but maybe a bit sniffy about 'common' saxophones.

I contacted them quite recently, I had just found an old painting and an old violin in the loft, a Van-Gogh and a Stradivarius.
Unfortunately , Stradivarius was a hopeless painter, and Van Gogh knew nothing about violin making :-(

Back
Top Bottom