support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Front F Key bending

That would be the alternate C or side C, on the opposite side.

That's how I'd interpret the following key heights:
I found this on SOTW as recommended key heights. I'm not sure where it comes from... Originally!

But if I can't read what key is what, it's useless. :confused: To me. :doh:
In my experience those are the "standard" key names that we use in instrument repair---at least here in the U.S. That list comes directly from Yamaha. Years ago they printed a "specs for techs" catalog in which they listed screw threads, valve tolerances, key heights, etc. for every wind instrument they make. That may be where this list originated. Unlike some other companies I won't name, Yamaha from the beginning has tried to support and work with the repair community which I think is pretty cool. Kudos should also go out to Cannonball for their great support in terms of replacement parts and materials, and their accessibility to answer questions and give expert advice.

Key height or pad height?
That is really a very good question because they are slightly different depending upon how far the pad protrudes from the key cup. I have always interpreted "key height" to be the distance between the tonehole and the pad at the opening. Perhaps "pad height" would be the more accurate description.