support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Francois Louis Spectruoso Tenor Mthpc

Przemek

Locality
chrispotter
Hi guys!

Have you heard anything about - or better tried out - any of Francois Louis' tenor mouthpieces?

My friend, who lives 100km from me, has FL tenor mouthpiece for sale. I'm looking for something like an older Link, or Slant Sig copy, and from what I've seen on photos - FL looks more like a Berg Larsen inside. Still - maybe it's worth trying it?

Cheers!

Hi, I had one for a while. I don't know whether it was like an older Link or a Slant Sig, as I've never played either, but I did like it. It had a big fat low end and was pretty easy to play. A bit of sparkle in the upper registers as well. I ended up selling it on as something else I fancied came my way (I've been through loads of tenor mouthpieces over the last 38 years) but I have pretty good memories of it. It was pretty well made as well, and wasn't too reed picky.

I also had one for a while ("SP", sphere chamber). My FL blew brighter than a Link Tone Edge. I liked the tone a lot, very clean and pure, but its flexibility was a bridge too far for me (amateur player). It was very easy to bend notes, to change intonation, and to change dynamics between pp and incredibly loud levels... but therefore I also needed to constantly pay a lot of attention to get what I wanted. I preferred at the time something a bit more dialled-in and sold the piece on to a SOTW member, a pro who could handle it much better than I. Still, if you can get it at a good price (below €140) then it is certainly worth while giving it a try.

My memory found it brighter than links and it didnt have the traditional link buzz but Im not sure what model it was. The chamber was very different on mind and didnt appear to be trying to do the link thing.

Hi, I had one for a while. I don't know whether it was like an older Link or a Slant Sig, as I've never played either, but I did like it. It had a big fat low end and was pretty easy to play. A bit of sparkle in the upper registers as well. I ended up selling it on as something else I fancied came my way (I've been through loads of tenor mouthpieces over the last 38 years) but I have pretty good memories of it. It was pretty well made as well, and wasn't too reed picky.
Did you sell it to me? Someone here sold me one. I've still got it anyway, which shows that there's something I like about it. It's a T 285 SP if you can decipher that. I'd agree with your summing up of it.

Did you sell it to me? Someone here sold me one. I've still got it anyway, which shows that there's something I like about it. It's a T 285 SP if you can decipher that. I'd agree with your summing up of it.
I don't think I sold mine to you, Nick, I think mine was a silly tip opening T315 SP (about 0.137"!)

We have traded mouthpieces in the past, I bought a Lawton from you, and you bought a LAW Buzzer from me.

Back
Top Bottom