support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Feedback on Midnight Naked City CD packaging

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
Those of you who have been kind enough to buy the CD, would you mind letting me know how the physical CD Digipak is standing up over time.This was a different factory pressing to Mr Lucky and I'd be very keen to know how they last, it's always a bit of a worry with Digipaks. I prefer them to jewel cases, as long as they hold together!Of course if you haven't got one and would like to take part in this customer satisfaction surgery, you are always welcome to buy one.

All fine here. I don't like jewel cases either - break too easily.

Mine's a bit creased. But otherwise OK. I ripped it and play it mostly on my phone, so the case hasn't seen much use. Might get tatty later, not sure.

I tend to be careful with things so the pack is unlikely to get damaged but I would have preferred a jewel case so it would go in the rack with other cds rather than being loose between the box sets.

I tend to be careful with things so the pack is unlikely to get damaged but I would have preferred a jewel case so it would go in the rack with other cds rather than being loose between the box sets.

Agree on the rack issue, but the jewel cases are too flimsy for me.

I don't follow this, I have quite a few digipaks and they just go fine in with the jewel cases.

I don't mind if it is digipak or jewel case. I guess they do an equally fine job protecting the CD. I'm quite sure the digipak will outlast the CD anyway. (Isn't it a 10 year life expectancy on CDs?) That said I think the quality of Mr. Lucky's digipak is better than that of Midnight In The City. It feels more solid and exclusive. And then there is this little booklet with one page for every song. Gimmick? Perhaps, but I like those kinds of things :)

your new CD is in the rack just under the older one and together other CD from people whom I know (I have a weird way to order my CD's by genre and other weird associations but not alphabetically......so I am the only one who could find anything anywhere).

I like the case and I positively hate Jewel Cases because they make things look and feel cheap while Midnight city feels and looks as a the luxurious product that it is :) , so, please, don't change anything!

I don't bring around my CD's as much nowadays as I used to before (mainly in the glove compartment of my car) and the recent introduction of USB stick reading to most car stereo systems (mine is built in the car itself) makes for ideal copying onto you USB stick for out of home use hence preserving the original case almost indefinitely........even if on rather vulnerable WHITE carton!

Still enjoying the CD very much! :welldone :thumb:

I don't follow this, I have quite a few digipaks and they just go fine in with the jewel cases.

Sorry. One rack has metal rings between the cds. And I'd put it in with the ring between the case and cover flap. Flap was tight in the gap between the ring and the next CD. If I'm careful it fits, no problem.

Rack was probably not the best word. It's more an open front box with plastic inserts top and bottom, digipacks always seem to be a fraction too high to slide in.

For my twopenneth I really liked the packaging and think it's probably easier to remove the cd from, some others seem to get stuck in the box,as far as wear problems go from Past experience the plastic packs seem to be quite fragile when transporting for use in the car and would expect the cardboard to be more hard wearing as it may tend to get rubbed but far less likely to get cracked or smashed...John

Back
Top Bottom