Matabayahsi
Member
- Messages
- 255
- Location
- London, United Kingdom
I understood how interesting and fun reed instruments could be with a carrot clarinet ( which has an alto mouthpiece) so basically now since I cant be buying big carrots everyday I am stuck with an alto mouthpiece until I eventually buy my first horn. When I have time which I do at the moment I can not stop without practising be it piano guitar or any other instrument that are available. So at the moment I got a mouthpiece that is available;
From my research I have figured out that the breathing and toungue control are very important parts of saxophone playing, so without making this an essay I ll ask my question:
What mouthpiece exercises do you know which can be beneficial?
The ones I am practising at the moment are getting short notes with my tongue, getting my tuner on and keeping the same note for a long time(circular breathing without getting out of tune), I am trying to understand how to switch between growling and normal playing ( humming and not humming) p.s : this one is a very hard one for me,
The ones I am very curious about are how to make that RRRRRRRRRRRRR sound with the reed in my mouth I believe it is called flutter tounging ?? Hoping somebody will clear this one out for me 🙂
Anyways here you go , exercises that can only be done with the mouthpiece..
Have a beautiful evening everybody
From my research I have figured out that the breathing and toungue control are very important parts of saxophone playing, so without making this an essay I ll ask my question:
What mouthpiece exercises do you know which can be beneficial?
The ones I am practising at the moment are getting short notes with my tongue, getting my tuner on and keeping the same note for a long time(circular breathing without getting out of tune), I am trying to understand how to switch between growling and normal playing ( humming and not humming) p.s : this one is a very hard one for me,
The ones I am very curious about are how to make that RRRRRRRRRRRRR sound with the reed in my mouth I believe it is called flutter tounging ?? Hoping somebody will clear this one out for me 🙂
Anyways here you go , exercises that can only be done with the mouthpiece..
Have a beautiful evening everybody

