support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

dropbox

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Have spent a lot of today playing around and want to inflict something on you. So, downloaded dropbox. Can anyone help? I am not very comptuerish, I tell myself that this means I am not a nerd, but I wonder sometimes. I have put a track into my public folder. Then I am supposed to right click. I do. I then select dropbox and find "copy public link." I left click, as it tells me, and then, nothing. I have looked at some other dropbox uploads in the sound clip forum and the link has a reference. Where does it come from? I am at a dead end here. I know you prolly dont want another sound clip, but I would love some help.

Having just downloaded Dropbox for myself, I think Box.net is better, more storage and easier to get round just my £0.02p worth. Yes it's free.

Chris

Seems to be Chris. I have downloaded and sent myself my file to a second mail address and it plays. But, to hear it I had to sign up to box.net in the name of the second account. Does that sound right? Its easy enough and certainly more friendly than dropbox but am I right about having to sign up to hear the file?
Thanks
Mike

Dropbox is very handy for transferring files for editing between collaborators - I've used it for my wife's business with great results.
To play a sound file is a bit different though - the file will still have to be downloaded and played on the recipient's computer.

Having said that, using the public folder, when you 'copy public link', the link should then be on your computer's clipboard. This means that when you're typing a comment in a thread you can right-click in the edit box, and click paste. This should put the link straight in here!

Let me know...

Nick

Thanks Nick. I wasnt looking for it there, I just thought it would give it to me type in. I hear that dropbox is hard going, Chris put me onto Box.net which was much easier, but I have listened to sound clips from this forum on dropbox and not had a prob. Going to play around a bit tonight and see how it goes.
Mike