- Messages
- 31
- Location
- PA USA
Thanks for posting. That would be the "simplified" microtuner Pan Am was known to use on some altos. It's notable for the external thumbscrew. And thanks for the shot of the Pa't Applied For stamp. That's news to me. (I personally don't have a sax with that device, although my late '41/early '42 has the awesome Eagle and Globe engraving like yours.)I have a Pan Am 64M alto serial number 46676, that Badenia says was made in the 1930s and it has a microtuner neck, unlike the Conn design and a bit different from the pics in the posts above.. Years ago I posted a raft of photos of it on SOTW.
Here's the link to those photos:
https://www.saxontheweb.net/media/albums/pan-american-alto-model-64m-by-conn.884/
If that doesn't work I can try to repost some of those pics here. Meanwhile, here is the neck and microtuner.View attachment 37506View attachment 37505
