support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Dolnet Bel Air Tenor

With regard to the playing, if I thought that owning the Dolnet would make me sound anything close to this, then I would buy it like a shot.

With regard to the video, I am sure that it is the best video I have ever seen of a mirror-image, headless saxophone player. But, the Web being the Web, there are probably websites that are dedicated to this genre.
www.headlesslefthandedsax.com perhaps >:)

Hi, I am based in sunny Hertfordshire and I would like to know if your Dolnet still available? Cheers Grandad

It is indeed.
Still with coffee included.

i've just spent all my money, or else.... i bought a dolnet alto, but a bel-air. nice saxophone. i have a keilwerth tenor coming. i got (another) pierret, i hope it's in better condition than the one i bought in france(!) and i'm going to get a kohlert full pearl special next week. anyone lend me any money? i'd like to try all the twiddly bits on a royal jazz. by the way, it being royal, prince died on the queen's birthday.

I have a Dolnet "M70" alto dating from the early 1970s. It's one of the last horns Dolnet made before they closed down. The angle of the bell seems "wrong" at first because it points in an unexpected direction. However, the sax sounds unmistakeably French i.e. has a focussed, "woody" core to the sound. My only gripe is that the build quality of the keywork (though adequate) doesn't seem to have the same precision as my Beaugniers. That said, I'd be reluctant to sell my Dolnet alto because it sounds good.

I have a Dolnet "M70" alto dating from the early 1970s. It's one of the last horns Dolnet made before they closed down. The angle of the bell seems "wrong" at first because it points in an unexpected direction. However, the sax sounds unmistakeably French i.e. has a focussed, "woody" core to the sound. My only gripe is that the build quality of the keywork (though adequate) doesn't seem to have the same precision as my Beaugniers. That said, I'd be reluctant to sell my Dolnet alto because it sounds good.
I seem to remember that @Pete Thomas had an odd angled bell Dolly.

Back
Top Bottom