• I write songs with words to be sung

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I have never composed anything

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Another from album I am doing, almost done.
Jesus and the bad cats featuring myself and BI AB on everything.
Inspiration. No idea
Money. Fatchance
Plays. Maybe
Oh it's a bit rough but that's deliberate. Honest guv.
Listened to the album

Heartfelt and introspective. A bit of Roy Orbison at one point. Favourite... Jesus and the Bad Cats... like a mariachi Iggy Pop

Clivey

Thanks for the listen. I really appreciate you taking the time to give it a whirl.
I've got loads of lyrics I want developed into songs and these are still coming on a daily basis so it's "work in progress"for the meantime.
Someone asked me what it was all about and basically it's music by a middle-aged man about being a middle-aged man in Leith. It's a bit dark but that's been a lot of my experience in that particular part of the town.

peterpick

Actually, what's the difference between improvising and composing?
the difference is remembering. recording is so useful for those of us who cannot remember. i still write songs, actual songs with words, or at least theoretical songs with words. i started off with words actually, and it all got out of hand. i wrote songs for live sex, brahma chop, tics, and various other bands i formed or passed through... recordings of these bands were once available. i'm still writing the damn things now, because i like it, but no-one else does.

peterpick

i wish i could sing better. i always wished that but i was better than i am now. there are some songs up on soundcloud, but i think nothing very recent. i wrote on guitar at one point (even though i certainly cannot play the guitar) but now i work on ableton, which is RUBBISH for recording vocals because you can't do drop-ins to replace the bits which are out of tune, you have to actually get a reasonable amount of it right all at once. and i now play the keyboard probably slightly worse than i used to play the guitar.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
I wish I could sing better. I wish I had started singing when I was in bands that needed group vocals, but I didn't. But I got a piece of advice years ago. I was trying to do a sketch to show someone something. I as having trouble and I said, "I can't draw worth..." The guy replied, "Don't badmouth yourself, there are plenty of other people who will do that." I'm not really working on vocals, I have reached a point where I think I just need to be myself. Keep on keepin' on is my motto.

Clivey

Many rappers can't or don't sing and are successful and more importantly get listens.
I'm assuming that's because what they are saying .ie the content is what actually matters. The music is merely the conduit. That's a bit Stark I suppose but I think many of see already where music production , or at least commercial music production is heading and honestly it looks quite grim.
Meanwhile the underground will chug along throwing up genius now and then which the conglomerate will eagerly seize and strap on to their "stuff selling vehicle,"whoever or whatever that may be.

Clivey

I wish I could sing better. I wish I had started singing when I was in bands that needed group vocals, but I didn't. But I got a piece of advice years ago. I was trying to do a sketch to show someone something. I as having trouble and I said, "I can't draw worth..." The guy replied, "Don't badmouth yourself, there are plenty of other people who will do that." I'm not really working on vocals, I have reached a point where I think I just need to be myself. Keep on keepin' on is my motto.
One thing that is certain out there is that there has never been so much to say, if you can be bothered saying it. Ok. So noone may be listening ( that obscurity is the refuge of incompetent motif thingy again ) LOL, or perhaps you really really don`t give a hoot about reaching anyone but just want to get the muck of of your system.

From the other perspective. ie. the musical one. I`m finding that the process of songwriting, which I am doing constantly at the moment, is helping in the conservation and development of not only my singing, playing and improvisation abilities ( I won`t use the word skills tee hee) but the obvious techy stuff regarding the production area which is very difficult even with the advantages that the software gives us over all previous generations .otherwise it`s fun.

InWalkedBud

Songs? Not really, though I often improvise over original compositions by other songwriters. And I also compose incidental riffs for multimedia artifacts. Some of them could probably be worked up into ballads. I've written (uncredited) lyrics for an award-winning jazz ballad, so am confident in that department.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom