support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Diary of a saxophone repair student :)

alto andy

Ok so I have a thread like this already but I thought I would start fresh with this one . Basically I am starting this thread to get experience in saxophone repair from anyone on this forum I am happy to pay for experience also I am a fully qualified arborist and would be more than happy to
Prune or fell trees or shrubs in payment for knowledge . Please please give me a chance I am very hard working and willing to travel . Weekends would be best for me if possible anywhere in the uk . If you have any questions pls don't hesitate to ask :) cheers and look forward to any replies :)

Hi Andy

You don't seem to be having much luck, and I have a few ideas why this might be, it must be difficult for a pro repairer to devote the time to a student when they have a living to make, I'm surprised you don't seem to have enrolled on the courses that are available but I suppose it has to fit in with your own work.

You can get a long way and learn a lot by buying a scrapper and having a play about with it the biggest problem is when they get badly dented,and then you need the tools to sort it out and they start to get expensive,in fact most of the tools can be quite expensive,good luck.......John

Hi Andy

You don't seem to be having much luck, and I have a few ideas why this might be, it must be difficult for a pro repairer to devote the time to a student when they have a living to make, I'm surprised you don't seem to have enrolled on the courses that are available but I suppose it has to fit in with your own work.

You can get a long way and learn a lot by buying a scrapper and having a play about with it the biggest problem is when they get badly dented,and then you need the tools to sort it out and they start to get expensive,in fact most of the tools can be quite expensive,good luck.......John
Hi john It's not that I haven't had any luck it's just a bit of an organic process I will be taking the woodwind course in September and also I have made contact and visited rupert noble who has offered me to come back later this year for some tuition . I am learning bits all the time and feel like it's moving at a good pace now :) . I some times do 7 days a week getting up at 5.00 and finishing back at my house at 6.30 so I need to fix stuff in were I can but I have stopped doing so many weekends now and have more time to practice and learn :)

Back
Top Bottom