Other Custom-fit ear plugs

@MMM , I use a pair of ACS Pro 17. I mostly use them for playing guitar in a loud rock band, often standing right next to the drum kit if it's a small venue. They're really nice flat attenuation, so sound much more natural than the cheaper Alpine ones I used before, and the attenuation is good enough for "loud rock band with a drummer" sound levels.

The ACS 20dB filters have a much steeper roll-off at high frequencies, which I think is more aimed at motorsport and the like. I haven't tried them because the 17s have proved really good for my use, but in theory they would make the sound much duller and less natural sounding (more like my old Alpines).

And as people have mentioned, they do let you change the filters if you're not happy with what you pick.

I'd recommend going with the 17dB filters though.

MMM

@MMM , I use a pair of ACS Pro 17. I mostly use them for playing guitar in a loud rock band, often standing right next to the drum kit if it's a small venue. They're really nice flat attenuation, so sound much more natural than the cheaper Alpine ones I used before, and the attenuation is good enough for "loud rock band with a drummer" sound levels.

The ACS 20dB filters have a much steeper roll-off at high frequencies, which I think is more aimed at motorsport and the like. I haven't tried them because the 17s have proved really good for my use, but in theory they would make the sound much duller and less natural sounding (more like my old Alpines).

And as people have mentioned, they do let you change the filters if you're not happy with what you pick.

I'd recommend going with the 17dB filters though.
Thank you! That’s really good info!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I don't know about the ones you quote, but the ones I purchased at a local independent had a 30-day free exchange on the filters too.
I believe my filters are 15dB, but I "only" play in a big band

Top Bottom