support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Croydon & South London Folk

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
Durham
Just a line to say I hope Old Git and his Croydon crew are all safe from the senseless violence occurring right now. Also any other members who may be affected.

As this thread could also turn into a political discussion, may I just say thanks for the thoughts Sue.

All quiet travelling through South London this morning. A few smashed up shops and bits of police tape, that's all.

Thanks Sue and others,
OG is closer to it than I am. However it is a place we know well and do major shopping there - Debenhams, Boots, M&S, House of Frazer... Business will be affected for months, let alone the effect on individuals. Sad to see the windows broken at Rock Bottom, a big guitar and drums shop in West Croydon, adjacent to another burning shop.

Hope Juju and Dave are OK up in Brixton - and any other forum members in other affected places.

Let's hope for a quick end to this mindlessness
YC.

From Gusev,
Utterly concur with all that has been said. As an ex-Londoner who used to live not far from The old Gits residence in the Sydenham area. Keep yourself safe from these hooligans.
Gusev

The real problem is that the CaSLM now has to wait for shops to be rebuilt and restocked before we can resume trading in our protection, sorry insurance and shop lifting, sorry checking businesses. >:)

Gusev, I grew up in Dulwich, the West side, adjacent to Sydenham.
OG comes from Dulwich too, but the East side (I only say that with a slight slur as he went to public school and I didn't, but I did go to school in Brixton).
YC

Well, riding home tonight, quiet but slightly surreal. Was crossing the A23, when there was an almighty wail of sirens. Heading towards Streatham was a convoy of about 12 really serious-looking police armoured cars, with about the same number of vans. Then the sight of lots of shops being boarded up, and Croydon Police Station had the largest number of police vans I've ever seen in one place. Must have been at least thirty of them, with some very tough looking cops hanging around. They obviously planned to deal very firmly with any wrongdoing.

Thanks Sue and others,
OG is closer to it than I am. However it is a place we know well and do major shopping there - Debenhams, Boots, M&S, House of Frazer... Business will be affected for months, let alone the effect on individuals. Sad to see the windows broken at Rock Bottom, a big guitar and drums shop in West Croydon, adjacent to another burning shop.

Hope Juju and Dave are OK up in Brixton - and any other forum members in other affected places.

Let's hope for a quick end to this mindlessness
YC.
Thanks YC, we are fine but utterly shocked. I had a sleepless night on Sunday with lots of helicopter action over Brixton after returning from Germany (hadn't quite realised at that stage what was going on in London). But fortunately our little residential street was ok. I had a look at the main street today when I wanted to post a letter but found the post office and everything else shut, one shop completely burnt out and many shop windows smashed. I am worried about Dave as he has got a gig in town tonight and I don't like the idea of him coming back to Brixton by public transport late at night.
Juju

Thanks YC, we are fine but utterly shocked. I had a sleepless night on Sunday with lots of helicopter action over Brixton after returning from Germany (hadn't quite realised at that stage what was going on in London). But fortunately our little residential street was ok. I had a look at the main street today when I wanted to post a letter but found the post office and everything else shut, one shop completely burnt out and many shop windows smashed. I am worried about Dave as he has got a gig in town tonight and I don't like the idea of him coming back to Brixton by public transport late at night.
Juju

Isn't there a friend in a safer area/route that he can stay with?

All is now quiet on the Enfield front. I understand the Police here dealt with the problem in a robust manner.

Surprisingly Edmonton, where I work, has not been troubled with an outbreak. As yet.
The shops in The Green all closed on Monday afternoon, as a precaution.

Wishing you all well during this madness.

Isn't there a friend in a safer area/route that he can stay with?
Problem is, you never know which area/route is safe(r) as the situation keeps changing so quickly. The best thing is to stay at home. Having said that, police were here today looking for a burglar who might be hiding in one of the back gardens - I'm keeping the doors and windows shut now!
Juju

I understand the Police here dealt with the problem in a robust manner.

Good.
If Zero tolerance is applied to this kind of this kind of thing I don't think it wouldn't have got passed the 1st night.
Many wouldn't even participate if it threatened to be cold and rain.

Just trying not to let my real strength of feeling boil over but suffice to say I do not care how severely any participant gets treated it will not be harsh enough in my view.

I'm sure that's right. A "robust" response is the answer.
Rioters don't like water and as there's always a good chance of rain in UK, we could almost say we have nature's own water cannon!
YC

Please do not be so hard on our looters.

They displayed good taste. Although they trashed (deliberate pun) Primark, they drew a line at Lidl.

I'm sure that's right. A "robust" response is the answer.
Rioters don't like water and as there's always a good chance of rain in UK, we could almost say we have nature's own water cannon!
YC

Now you know why no one stands next to YC in the latrine.

Very nice. Latrines? We have a water closet. Two actually. Doesn't everyone?

Hopefully this lawless rioting is coming to an end, aided perhaps, as we hoped, by the rain!
YC

ps, talking of rioting, OG, you would have had a field day in Eastbourne yesterday with the Zimmer. I think those fold up wheeled ones can cause a lot of damage to the legs, but the motorised ones enable a quick getaway.

ps, talking of rioting, OG, you would have had a field day in Eastbourne yesterday with the Zimmer. I think those fold up wheeled ones can cause a lot of damage to the legs, but the motorised ones enable a quick getaway.

YC's looking for an appropriate retirement home as Coulsdon is too exciting, someone was nicked for thirty-one miles an hour in a thirty mile an hour area and one of the street lights stays on all day.
Aaahhh! Can't stand it, be still my racing heart. Must go for a lie down.

post script:-Keep away from the Bingo games YC, you know what the doctor told you

Edited to add:-Did you manage to pick up the waterproof package from the pier leg?