support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

countergas

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Locality
London
Is there a known phenomenon opposite to a GAS attack?
Kind of "I don't like it, I want to sell it! I can go on holiday with that money!" so in few years time I can regret selling it?

I've had a variation of this for some time... though its not specifically instrument based... Its more an "Argh I'm surrounded by junk- Sell everything" syndrome (a bit Fight Club)!. I long to have an empty room with nothing but my instruments, a bar stool and a boogie box.... Though this might all be something to do with having small kids....

Is there a known phenomenon opposite to a GAS attack?

Generally an excess of gas has certain consequences. Perhaps something like Feelings Against Retaining Tatt Syndrome may be appropriate? I'm blowed if I can get a sensible acronym out of that phrase though.

Generally an excess of gas has certain consequences. Perhaps something like Feelings Against Retaining Tatt Syndrome may be appropriate? I'm blowed if I can get a sensible acronym out of that phrase though.

Sailing a bit close to the wind there.... ;}

And before the ladies go gunning for me:

Husband - Hirsuit Uncompromising Scrooge, Banning All Non-essential Devices

it would be more appropriate in a contrabassoon (in German Kontrafagott) forum.

Paul: I'll bet your school reports were like mine - littered with the exhortation "must try harder".

Seriously though, a natural consequence of GAS is the accumulation of so much stuff that you start to think "I must get rid of some of this" closely followed by the belief that "it will come in handy some day". That day never comes and eventually you disappear under a heap of heaven knows what mumbling "I know it's in here somewhere". Therefore one is forced to the conclusion that there is no antidote to GAS known to thinking man. Unthinking man would not have seen a reason to accumulate the stuff in the first place and would not have enjoyed the enrichment of life that comes from being surrounded (or deluged) by such delights..... and so ad infinitum.

Dave.

Paul: I'll bet your school reports were like mine - littered with the exhortation "must try harder".

Seriously though, a natural consequence of GAS is the accumulation of so much stuff that you start to think "I must get rid of some of this" closely followed by the belief that "it will come in handy some day". That day never comes and eventually you disappear under a heap of heaven knows what mumbling "I know it's in here somewhere". Therefore one is forced to the conclusion that there is no antidote to GAS known to thinking man. Unthinking man would not have seen a reason to accumulate the stuff in the first place and would not have enjoyed the enrichment of life that comes from being surrounded (or deluged) by such delights..... and so ad infinitum.

Dave.

Do not forget the fact that some former student of mine has a Guardala worth a grand, that he paid peanuts at the time, when I NEEDED that horrible blue jumbo java...

Back
Top Bottom