support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Congratulations to Liverpool FC

You mean you support West Ham?
Nope. I grew up in a football mad city and I don't like the game. You can imagine how much fun school was. I was constantly bullied and picked-on all because I wasn't interested in kicking a substitute pig's bladder around a field. I know I'm in a minority but I utterly loathe and detest the game.

I support no football club at all.

In the days before multi-channel TV I regarded the quadrennial World Cup as an utter nightmare as schedules were obliterated for it. For many years cricket was my game and I was a member of Lancashire CCC for nearly 30 years. But around 2000 I got fed-up with the way the game was going in just pursuing money more and more and I've not been to a match now for about 20 years and I don't watch it on TV or listen to TMS any more.

Same thing here in the States. Sports is a business. Profit is the number one goal.
Yes, the game suffers, the supporters are neglected and treated as cash cows, and sportsmanship is replaced with gamesmanship

Indeed...sadly, nowadays ....being a pro sports fan ....requires a HEFTY dose of "willing suspension of disbelief".

Not to take anything away from Liverpool people....it has been a long time, so congrats. The team (within Premier League, at least) has been impressive.

Yes, the game suffers, the supporters are neglected and treated as cash cows, and sportsmanship is replaced with gamesmanship

Even more good reason to put energy into grass roots sports. I know you're involved with your local Rugby Team. Lots of local Sports Teams aren't going to see the benefit of the top end cash cow, unfortunately.

As a piece of leather, cork and twine has been dubbed a 'natural vector of disease' (by someone who probably spent half their childhood running away from it ;) ) our Summer Sport at grass roots level is taking a pounding. As will other Sports, no doubt

Even more good reason to put energy into grass roots sports. I know you're involved with your local Rugby Team. Lots of local Sports Teams aren't going to see the benefit of the top end cash cow, unfortunately.

As a piece of leather, cork and twine has been dubbed a 'natural vector of disease' (by someone who probably spent half their childhood running away from it ;) ) our Summer Sport at grass roots level is taking a pounding. As will other Sports, no doubt
100% agree...I was a youth soccer (oops, football) coach for 15 years...perhaps that is why I can see much more clearly how much the game (and all sports, really) has degraded at the pro and college levels....(not 'performance' of the game, necessarily...but the game as a positive, healthy social dynamic)

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom