support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Chord Changes 4 Coltrane's "My One And Only Love'

visionari1

Does anyone know where I can get the Chord changes to "My One and Only Love" the Coltrane Hartman version. I've been learning it and have got the notes into transcribe. The Sheet music would also be great, Tenor or better still Alto.
It's such a fantastic peice.

Cheers
Jimu:sax:

Does anyone know where I can get the Chord changes to "My One and Only Love" the Coltrane Hartman version. I've been learning it and have got the notes into transcribe. The Sheet music would also be great, Tenor or better still Alto.
It's such a fantastic peice.

Cheers
Jimu:sax:

Yes I found a lead sheet on the internet http://www.bolvinmusic.com/newstuff.html
Next question

It's a Trumpet part which is transposed down 1 octave (no problem)

The first five notes for (Bb's) are G-A-C-D-E
On Alto it think it's E-F#-A-B-C#

The first bars chords on BbTrumpet are CM13/A-9

Am I correct in assuming to transpose down to Alto Key, it's Key is C. Will it now be in the key of A and the first bar chords will now be AM13/F#-9

Gee this is a big stretch for me, theory wise am I correct?

cheers
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly new to this myself so it takes me a while to work this out on my fingers, but in your example you've transposed from Concert (C) to Eb.

I think you need to make the alto part a whole tone lower as you are transposing from a Bb part to Eb. Await someone better qualified to confirm that though...

Phil

Yes I found a lead sheet on the internet http://www.bolvinmusic.com/newstuff.html
Next question

It's a Trumpet part which is transposed down 1 octave (no problem)

The first five notes for (Bb's) are G-A-C-D-E
On Alto it think it's E-F#-A-B-C#

The first bars chords on BbTrumpet are CM13/A-9

Am I correct in assuming to transpose down to Alto Key, it's Key is C. Will it now be in the key of A and the first bar chords will now be AM13/F#-9

Gee this is a big stretch for me, theory wise am I correct?

cheers
Jimu:mrcool

The first notes are indeed as you have suggested Jimu.

PM Sent