I've set to spend no more than £30 for the gun - the local shop sells 400ml cans for £14, that's it for me. That neck connector is detached from the sax body - the high temperature is limited to that connector...The best advice is free. Contact your local supplier specialist. A source in person other than here.
Cheap is not necessarily bad. Expensive is not necessarily good. Two ways to be educated. One by learning correctly and associated costs. The other by paying to have mistakes corrected and the costs of making them.
Overheating parts gets expensive really quick.
Then if it works ok if it doesn't I'll use the torch for the odd car body repair. I have other saxes to mend and none require silver soldering. De-soldering those 2 bits was an odd mistake (never again)....then on second thought, if I managed to desolder silver soldered bits with a butane torch I might just use the same and do the job without any mapp gun - but then, I guess it's a useful tool to have.
