Scooter? Trust you to lower the tone of the thread!A twist and go scooter might be more practical like the Honda Dylan.

In younger days I had dirt bikes, 250-350cc. What the hell is a van-van?
Apologies, it looks like a 4-stroke so it should be economical. Indeed it looks very similar to the CG125 that I recommended. It's certainly not a scooter. I still wouldn't like to carry my tenor on it.Suzuki Van Van. Don't ask me why, it's just what they're called.
![]()
Yes, 4 stroke, I checked.Apologies, it looks like a 4-stroke so it should be economical. Indeed it looks very similar to the CG125 that I recommended. It's certainly not a scooter. I still wouldn't like to carry my tenor on it.
You have to be young and Italian to look cool on a scooter 🙂I carried my tenor on my back in a trekking case for a few years.
But...
Only when gigging in town, and I had a big enduro bike (Yamaha XTZ660 pruple logo). It also worked with the smaller Guzzi v35
Being a tall bike, balance was a bit wobbly. I fell a couple of times while parking, slipping on wet leaves.
I would never have taken my tenor on a motorway.
When I had a Vespa, that counts as a much hated "scooter", I never went bigger than alto. I was young and cool, at the time.
I think they're all quite similar. This is the other one I was considering, the Yamaha YBR:Apologies, it looks like a 4-stroke so it should be economical. Indeed it looks very similar to the CG125 that I recommended. It's certainly not a scooter. I still wouldn't like to carry my tenor on it.
Once or twice, maybe, but frequently? Perhaps I exaggerated when I said you're sure to come to grief but I think it is very likely. Apart from things like the house move I also have tales to tell about things that fell off my bike. Before you started this thread I'd considered whether I'd strap my tenor to the back of a bike if I bought one and concluded that I wouldn't, and the bike I was/am thinking of was/is rather bigger than a Van Van!But is one tenor really such a big deal?
No.But is one tenor really such a big deal?
Gravel, with concrete immediately in front of the house/garage.No.
Do you have tarred/good gravel access to the house/garage? If it's mud, think very carefully. And if it'gravel/sand be really careful with the brakes.
Those of us who've stopped riding start thinking of the risks. How will you get on with a broken limb or worse?

You would look this good.You have to be young and Italian to look cool on a scooter 🙂
