PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Carribean Paella.... (sort of)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Here's a good one I discovered a couple of days back. Trying to create something vaguely Caribbean –ish….
Fry up some chicken chunks (reckon prawns would work too), spring onions and red peppers with Garlic in a big, flat pan
Add a couple of chillis and sprig of thyme
Stir in one mug full of basmati rice per two people
Add a can of rich coconut milk and chicken stock to the fill the pan & a can of black beans (the little ones, they’re lovely)
Cook down till the rice is done and as much liquid is absorbed as possible without it burning....
Voila, the authentic ethnic cuisine of a fictitious Latin American country or Caribbean island. Serve with a flat leaf parsley chopped over the top and cold beer…… preferably outdoors...

Hi Jules!

Where's the fruit content - pineapple, mango - and also some peas. Sounds a good idea but needs a little further development - pineapple probably not so good but the other two would be good additions.

Kind regards
Tom

I'd considered a Mango but wasn't 100% on the combination of Mango and coconut in tihs context (plus- not quite sure what would happen if you boil down a mango), I'd replaced the peas with the small black beans... chicken, mango, spring onion , ginger and garlic stir fry.... now that's a different story

I'd considered a Mango but wasn't 100% on the combination of Mango and coconut in tihs context (plus- not quite sure what would happen if you boil down a mango), I'd replaced the peas with the small black beans... chicken, mango, spring onion , ginger and garlic stir fry.... now that's a different story

In Jamaica peas==kidney beans. Like the pineapple idea. Good idea, gonna have to try a variation of this.

Back
Top Bottom