support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Can anyone tell me what year my saxophones were made?

ej612

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me any info about my alto & tenor Yanagisawa saxophones? I'd love to know what year they are & their model numbers. All I know is the following serial numbers are written on them:

Yanagisawa alto saxophone: serial number 05770497
Yanagisawa tenor saxophone: serial number 376238

They both originally came in cases with bright orange lining but I had to replace the case for the tenor because it was stuffed - not sure if the case colour inside provides any indication of year produced? Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks - looks like the Tenor was probably manufactured in 1976 but the alto serial numbers do not match up to any chart I've found online - I tried emailing them directly a few years back but they never replied; could be worth another try though I guess :)

Thanks - looks like the Tenor was probably manufactured in 1976 but the alto serial numbers do not match up to any chart I've found online - I tried emailing them directly a few years back but they never replied; could be worth another try though I guess :)
If you have an official Yani dealer in NZ give them a call, they will normally help.

If you have an official Yani dealer in NZ give them a call, they will normally help.

KBB in Auckland have been the distributor and main seller in Kiwiland for the last couple of decades...

http://www.kbbmusic.co.nz/

I don't know whether they would be able to help - apparently the serial number on the older Yani horns indicates when they were manufactured...

Mike Austin the technical manager / head repair guru at KBB might be able to help.

Happy honkin'

Greg S.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom