support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ligatures Can a mouthpiece really be that finicky..

Are you looking for an excuse to call this a defective piece?

Anyhow...

Lol not an excuse saw the ridge on the rails and wondered thats all.. Ive looked about and seen some pics but thanks for these.

You've had lots of suggestions and ideas here, are you inclined to act on any of them?
I dunno @Jimmymack I think sometimes its hard as a rogue saxophonist..I was doing ok with the lebayle 7 more control..i seem to have wasted 3 days on the link bought reeds and not enjoyed playing so much..it needs a three idealy and Im more comfortable on a 2.5..was looking for a darker piece than the lebayle..might just go all out and move it on and buy the lakshmi in a 6*..I was hoping the link may have contributed to a selmeresque vibe but im not sure if its possible with the yam. Someone wants to try it on sale or return which im fine with Kinda wish id been fforded the same luxury..think if i keep it I could get used to it withvthe 3 woodstone but im not sure id enjoy the time or experience..

The search for the perfect mouthpice is perhaps holding you back? I have 20-30 metal tenor mouthpieces. I always come back to a Rovner D-40 #10. Not the #8 or #9. With the # 10 the "sky is open". A feeling I had the first time I played a #10. So I decided that this mouthpiece is going to be the mouthpiece I'm going to play for the rest of my sax life. I must practice a lot because it's a demanding piece.

The search for the perfect mouthpice is perhaps holding you back? I have 20-30 metal tenor mouthpieces. I always come back to a Rovner D-40 #10. Not the #8 or #9. With the # 10 the "sky is open". A feeling I had the first time I played a #10. So I decided that this mouthpiece is going to be the mouthpiece I'm going to play for the rest of my sax life. I must practice a lot because it's a demanding piece.
Hey if you want to sell any of them...;-) lol

Hey if you want to sell any of them...;-) lol
I don't sell my saxes, mouthpieces .... . In the mouthpiece boxes trere are many Dukoff Silverite, Berg Larsen SS ...... . When I meet a young player that is looking for new sound I can offer (for free) a piece. And yes, I'm undercutting the market.

For me time is tight. I don't want to miss the fun beacause I'm searching for the perfect mouthpiece. We have decided to start to play again. A four piece pubrock band (drm. bass, gtr and sax). High energy rock/blues. We are between 67-70 years old. So don't spend too much time on mouthpieces, reeds and saxes. Play and have fun.

I dunno @Jimmymack I think sometimes its hard as a rogue saxophonist..I was doing ok with the lebayle 7 more control..i seem to have wasted 3 days on the link bought reeds and not enjoyed playing so much..it needs a three idealy and Im more comfortable on a 2.5..was looking for a darker piece than the lebayle..might just go all out and move it on and buy the lakshmi in a 6*..I was hoping the link may have contributed to a selmeresque vibe but im not sure if its possible with the yam. Someone wants to try it on sale or return which im fine with Kinda wish id been fforded the same luxury..think if i keep it I could get used to it withvthe 3 woodstone but im not sure id enjoy the time or experience..
If you've found somebody who's interested then move it on but make the time to go and try out the pieces you are interested in before shedding more money and still being unhappy.

I would if i knew its not faulty...re customs surely the piece has no value as its mine..
How does it make sense that something that has a value, suddenly has no value because it is yours?

If it is declared as having no value, then even if you disregard the illegality of a false declaration, it would presumably not have any value for transit insurance.

I believe it is possible to send out of the country for repairs, and then I think you pay VAT only on the value of the repair but you’d need to do the paperwork.

Last edited:
If you've found somebody who's interested then move it on but make the time to go and try out the pieces you are interested in before shedding more money and still being unhappy.
Sound advice...I was more angry at thinking ivwas stitched up...e bay account is now closed..shops only..

How does it make sense that something that has a value, suddenly has no value because it is yours?

If it is declared as having no value, then even if you disregard the illegality of a false declaration, then it would presumably not have any value for transit insurance.

I believe it is possible to send out of the country for repairs, and then I think you pay VAT only on the value of the repair but you’d need to do the paperwork.
I was kind off being flippant @Pete Thomas.... :) what i meant was it should have no import value as purchased here and tax / vat paid..the work I would also have issue with as Im not importing the work..It hasn't added value to the piece just restored it to working condition..

meant was it should have no import value as purchased here and tax / vat paid.
That’s not the way customs see it unless you do the paperwork I mentioned above. When reimported back to England after work is done, it is generally just an automatic VAT charge, they won’t contact you to ask if you already paid VAT when you bought it.
Im not importing the work..It hasn't added value to the piece
Again, not the way customs see it. Default position is they treat it as goods entering the country, ie an import that has a value. And they add tax.

Going to give it to Mr pillinger after xmas..
That's probably a good idea, if he fixes any defects you should have a better chance selling it.

The export/import thing (outward processing) looks really quite complex:

In many countries it is possible to obtain from customs a declaration of temporary export for something like repairs or thing that need being done such as engraving (which by the way , being a service and not goods, shouldn't pay any import tax!), but battling bureaucracy can be a daunting task

Its just form for outward pricessing relief..only postage to pay..so question is does it retain more value if the original maker refaces would it take away from the originallity if another ( no matter how brilliant) refacer does the work...discuss...;-)

Back
Top Bottom