• OK

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pete, maybe its my bandwidth. But the backspace problem only happens on this site and on my tablet. I use my tablet on many other pages and emails....so I dont know.

Anyway...I can live with it. I just usually use the desktop.

Pete, maybe its my bandwidth. But the backspace problem only happens on this site and on my tablet. I use my tablet on many other pages and emails....so I dont know.
I have looked into this a bit. The editor box itself is not developed by xenForo, but is a 3rd party text editor called Froala, quite commonly used.

There have been issues with Froala and ios, but by all accou8mts those were fixed - so the first thing to make sure is if you have the latests ios which may have fixed any bugs that exist in ios re: Froala.

It would be usful for any trobleshooting to say which tablet and which version of ios.

NB: previous problems reported were that the backspace would lag, ie do nothing then a ew sconds later delete a few lines. This is the one that was supposedly fixed by ios update. Is this what is happemning or just any use of backspace.

NB: a workaround is to use the text editor without the bbcode formatting icons. To do that click on the cogwheel top right of the editor tools.

Well I have closed the poll and the results are in. I know this was anonymous voting, but we'd love to know form the "OK" voter if this is due to just being a perfectionist or are them some useful things you think we could look into trying to add?

Well I have closed the poll and the results are in. I know this was anonymous voting, but we'd love to know form the "OK" voter if this is due to just being a perfectionist or are them some useful things you think we could look into trying to add?
If the ok voter wishes to remain anonymous you can email me (assuming you have an anonymous email account) using my name @cafesaxophone.com :)

Any comments will be appreciated

Jx

unfriendly, rude, spitefull and horrible... But enough about me already.. love the place I can honestly say that the moderators blend brilliantly to such a degree its almost invisible.. I can genuinely say that this place has helped me get where I am and i have never met such a helpful time giving bunch of people.. Thanks

Eddie

Hello Pete Thomas, for me this forum is great, and the interface is by far the easiest to use.
Uploading a video is extremely simple and the possibility to rate post without writing a comment is a nice feature that maybe the youngest forumers could find natural due to the similiarity to many social platforms.
I have added a link to this forum to my website, hope this helps!

The forum is well organized though could use some tweaking like when a board has sub boards it takes a lot of space to scroll through to reach the topics in the board one is visiting (for example the Stolen Sax board on top of Sax and Accessories board).

Further I might have not discovered it, but would like to jump right te a new post in a topic instead starting from the top opening it.

Other then that I have no improvements and love the friendly and helpful atmosphere.

Further I might have not discovered it, but would like to jump right te a new post in a topic instead starting from the top opening it.
At the top of the thread is a jump to new button :)

If you have previously read a thread it should automatically take you to the new posts

Jx

some tweaking like when a board has sub boards it takes a lot of space to scroll through to reach the topics in the board one is visiting (for example the Stolen Sax board on top of Sax and Accessories board).
Good feedback, but what do you suggest instead?

Good feedback, but what do you suggest instead?
Either flatten the structure so no sub boards exist, or only organize on main page but don't show sub boards when entering, or move to only sub boards so no conversations on main board.

Not sure if I may link this, otherwise remove it, but this Dutch Forum is my favorite in layout:
Besides the overview, they also put the text balloon in front of topics, this text balloon turns blue if something new is posted since last visit, and clicking on the balloon brings you straight to that post, instead of first entering the topic and then use the button going to the end.

This forum also might provide a suggestion to your other topic regarding the Cafe and TTS, as they put their "gathering" as sub domain under the main, so Cafesaxophone could be a sub domain of TTS and linked that way.

Just my two cents.

or move to only sub boards so no conversations on main board.

Not sure I understand that.

I do agree that the subforums (child nodes) do add a bit extra scrolling, however if we make them all parent level then it kaes the forum loist a lot longer and I have always tried to avoid that.

So for example we have avoided too many saxophone forums by using the prefix menu (saxophones / reeds / accessories etc.)

I think the biggest issue might be the sound clips forum, which has a lot more subforums. I do intend to rethink the whole lookk, but waiting for the next major(ish) xenforo upgrade (maybe a few months time)

Meanwhile I'm happy to move just the one stolem saxohpnes forum to higher level.

I'm also looking into decluttering the forum list as I don't think we need all the stats showing for each forum

I think the biggest issue might be the sound clips forum, which has a lot more subforums. I do intend to rethink the whole lookk, but waiting for the next major(ish) xenforo upgrade (maybe a few months time)

Meanwhile I'm happy to move just the one stolem saxohpnes forum to higher level.

Well the forum I referred to has the main page where you can jump to all sub fora, so indeed they have a longer list. Of course it is a much bigger forum with 700.000 users.

For the Stolen saxophones board I think sounds like a good idea.

For sound clips, if you move to only sub boards there, people do not need to scroll down the list of sub boards, but just go click to the next level after entering the sound clips board. At a General sound clips sub board and move all conversations there. But yes, waiting for a new version, what it brings first is always wise.

Back
Top Bottom