support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Buescher True Tone

steviesax

Locality
Ipswich
Hi my name is Steve, live in East Anglia. I play on an old Buescher true tone tenor saxophone. Well i think its a Buescher on the Bell It's spelt Buezcher. That brings me to my next question is it a spelling mistake or is it another company. The sax was made around 1918-1919 ish It plays really lovely through out the range.

Hi, big welcome from me. Guess it's a spelling mistake, but have never heard of it before. Some photos would be appreciated, but I guess you can't post them yet... :D

Have fun here.

Welcome to the caff©, Steve,

You'll probably be able to see another member who always waves as he's an East Anglian too.

ENJOY!​™

Thanks will see if I can up load some if the let me. It says true tone on the back where the serial number is. All the best to you kind sir it and thankyou from the comment. Steve

Thanks look forward to it. I'm new to the world of saxophone so all tips welcome. steve

Welcome to the cafe Steve :)

Enjoy your journey

Hey mate,

Welcome!

I think it´s pretty nice to have a wrongly spelled Buescher! It surely gives your horn more character! :)

Cheers,

Raf.

Welcome to the caff©, Steve,

You'll probably be able to see another member who always waves as he's an East Anglian too.

ENJOY!​™

Kooooeeeee ... :old:

Sunray Waves from up the road in North Norfolk ...
[Thanks OG - I hadn't raised my arm for quite a while] ;}

(Don't worry Steve its not catching) ... :)))

Welcome to the best Cafe in Cyberspace ...
A great place to eat a hearty breakfast ... (())

This Link mentions a number of different "Buezcher" saxophone(s) so I doubt its a spelling mistake ...

In This 2nd Link Stephen Howard has commented [in 2001] on a repair problem but doesn't make reference to the "Buezcher" name, so it sort of looks like its not totally unheard of ...

(Scroll down to about four comments from the bottom) ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links the second one was better for me. So it's a Buescher but the s is meant to look like a z. Well according to the 2nd link. :w00t: and I'm from Suffolk near Ipswich

Hi my name is Steve, live in East Anglia. I play on an old Buescher true tone tenor saxophone. Well i think its a Buescher on the Bell It's spelt Buezcher. That brings me to my next question is it a spelling mistake or is it another company. The sax was made around 1918-1919 ish It plays really lovely through out the range.

Hi Steve and welcome, the following may interest you.

THE PROFESSIONALS DO Select a Buezcher or Pedler band instrument ...
Article in the `Lima News` 25 November 1950. As written:

Pedler manufactured metal clarinets early 1900s but after a tortuous series of takeovers via Martin Band Co. ended up by being bought by Selmer.

Sorry could not get any more information on this but unless the Lima News has made a spelling mistake there may well have been an instrument by that name. Best regards. N.

That helped alot many thanks. Selmer seemed to have bought most of the top U S company's up.

That helped alot many thanks. Selmer seemed to have bought most of the top U S company's up.

Quite ironical really Pedler was English (London born) and had gone off to the USA to work for Conn as a clarinet maker. After several years he wanted to return to England but on the eve of his passage back the first world war was declared and an embargo put on Atlantic crossings. He never returned and died there in 1950. Famous for his metal clarinets. Regds. N. By the way Lima News did make a spelling mistake it should have been Buescher. Gus Buescher was Pedlers business partner.

Back
Top Bottom