All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

BOTM JAN 2019 - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
I seem to remember @saxyjt posted a Stanley Clarke version, can't remember if it was this one though

Could've been. I have been a fan of Stanley Clarke since 'School Days'. In fact, I I was a bit ballsy, I'd go for bass guitar too.

Now, if I can't do it myself, I might get my son to do it. He's already hooked on guitar. Electric of course...

That generation doesn't realise that before anything gets electrified, it's accoustic.

Keep Blowing

Could've been. I have been a fan of Stanley Clarke since 'School Days'. In fact, I I was a bit ballsy, I'd go for bass guitar too.

Now, if I can't do it myself, I might get my son to do it. He's already hooked on guitar. Electric of course...

That generation doesn't realise that before anything gets electrified, it's accoustic.
I thought most Bass players stood in the background, I don't think you need to be ballsy,. A pro sax player said to me they should be felt but not heard, not something I agree with

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Before I forget, this "France Musique" program will be dedicated to Pork Pie Hat: Repassez-moi l'standard on February 24 and available on podcast from then on. Let me know if you can access it.

If you look here, you'll find many more podcasts related to other standards. I now have 67 of them in stock, no all listened to yet.

Keep Blowing

Before I forget, this "France Musique" program will be dedicated to Pork Pie Hat: Repassez-moi l'standard on February 24 and available on podcast from then on. Let me know if you can access it.

If you look here, you'll find many more podcasts related to other standards. I now have 67 of them in stock, no all listened to yet.
That's very cool, I'll be checking it out, thanks for posting!

Johnrydal

Café Supporter
Came across 1999 recording of Charles Mingus big band with Seamus Blake as tenor sax solo. Fantastic. This piece is a lot more difficult than it looks. Was going to be my first posting but unless I have a magical senior moment it might have to wait.

Johnrydal

Café Supporter

I can only find Charade for that date. Any ideas.

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
You're right. I missed it yesterday. I'm writing to enquire as the link still refers to Pork Pie Hat:

...francemusique.fr/emissions/repassez-moi-l-standard/repassez-moi-l-standard-goodbye-pork-pie-hat-de-charles-mingus-1959-69271

That's odd!

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom