support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Borgani has a new website!

MMM

Locality
SW of London Town
Well,

it was about time: Borgani has redesigned their 150 year old website, not bad at all!
At last some up to date info for all of us who cannot afford their saxes anyway!

www.borgani.com

...and I'm not on commission!

Cheers,
M.

they've had some fun with that intro video!

Seemed odd to me that there wasn't a sax playing - or am I missing something?

I thought that was a really badly designed website. The saxes there don't tempt me either hmmm....

One of thoese websites made more as a piece of 'art' by a web designer than as a functional piece of apparatus for the company concerned.... very pretty but not actually that much use. A few of the other big European companies suffer the same thing.

I think it's a terrible website. It didn't help that it wouldn't display properly, and that the first set of details I pulled up were for a soprano in 'pearl glod'. Doesn't say much for their quality control processes. A website these days should be their shop window. In their case, it's cracked.

Isn't Pearl Glod the official BMW Superbike Team colour this year?

Well, you are a discerning lot!

If any of you saw the old website... but ok, anything would've been better than that!

I must admit, it all worked well for me and there were two things I particularly liked: the pictures of all the different models and the fact that Allegro Oxford are not listed as a distributor!!!:w00t:

Cheers,
M.

Whats wrong with Allegro?

Last edited by a moderator:
Displayed fine for me and I thought it was quite acceptable in a more "artistic" sense rather than a standard "shop front" sense.

For a small manufacturer it seems OK to set out to interest and excite potential customers in a way that wouldn't be sensible for a major manufacturer like Selmer or Yanagisawa. They are Italian and they try to differentiate their offering from other sax makers.

I spotted a couple of typos as well, but there was a lovely sound clip by Tim Garland to make up for that.

Seems like the design is a bit Marmite-like. I love Marmite and failed my art O level.

Rhys

PS A baritone Borgani, especially to low Bb, would be nice.

Don't know, maybe they were in a hurry to release it for the Frankfurt show, hence the spelling mistakes.
In my view as long as the info is not flawed, then that should be enough. Interesting to see they also make custom necks which I was not aware of.

"PS A baritone Borgani, especially to low Bb, would be nice."
Rhys, they do make a bari, not a Jubilee though. From what I gather they are solid student/intermediate horns (Borgani makes the "College" line saxes as their student line, but I guess advertising them too much may compromise their image of top notch/custom made pro sax manufacturers..).
Cheers,
M.

I think Allegro used to be a Borgani Dealer, but may not be one now. Excellent value Borgani instruments there, though.
Will check.

Kind regards
Tom

In fact had a look - they only seem to advertise about 6 Borgani saxes - only alto and tenor, and make a play of the fact that they are still at 2008 prices. So probably no longer a dealer, but have some new, old stock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Man what a beautiful day. Jon. Thanks mate. A straight honest answer. Difficult. The " arts " and business? In my opinion, like oil and water. This could turn into a speech. I'm gonna leave it there.

I don't know what you are complaining about. The site has caught up in looks with developments occurring in the early 1990s. Borganis are supposed to be great saxophones, but that doesn't come through here.

This could turn into a speech. I'm gonna leave it there.

Ha ha, very wise too. Me as well. I should add that although I've bought a couple of things mail order from Allegro, I have never had any personal dealings with the owner, so I don't have a view myself either way.

Well I liked it and as a complete pc idiot found it very easy to navigate and move from one thing to another back and forth without problem and a nice bit of artistry in there,the only thing I couldn't find was any pricing but maybe you have to go to a dealer for this

Back
Top Bottom