• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophone beginners Bored Of Practice!?

Obviously attempting to play something that is way beyond one's capabilities (for now), would not only be pointless but also demoralising.

However, I was just stating that there maybe needs to be some sort of stretching of one's abilities with regards to what one may play, to progress. Furthermore, change of style may keep things fresh whilst still learning.......
Yes, I think I understand what you mean. I just think that we tend to think we've "got" something and move on too soon. That's when things fail to "stick". I'm not really disagreeing, just offering a different perspective.
 
Bigmartin I understand what you were saying, I think it was I, that was not concise.

I believe my brain is still hurting after my first specific jazz theory lesson today, went over the 2-5-1 (other bits bobs)

Enjoyed it, but showed a glaring weakness in my knowledge of scales etc, (yes I know I should of learnt those scales inside out).

But happy that I now have a path to follow in practice time. Will go over songs I love and hunt down those
2-5-1's............jazz terminator style
 
I have one thing to say "acciuga" 😉

Jx
A sea tick:
Fig-5-Tick-dorsal-surface_525px.jpg
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,030
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom