support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BMW in MotoGP.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
BMW might be entering MotoGP. As the caff's© leading Beemer fan, will jon f be the works rider?

Not sure about BSB this year. There is a Bin Laden competing this year.

Who is going to be brave enough to overtake him?

Who'd a thunk it. I remember listening to a copper chat to a local bike shop owner back in 81, saying how he just manged to get 110mph out of his police bike (BMW 800 I guess) and I was smiling to myself knowing my Yam 350LC was somewhat faster. And now after soo many years of producing, lets say.. reliable bikes, they are producing the fastest machines on the planet.

A BMW eh! Brings back fond memories of a R35 I restored a few years back. Still got the retoration workshop but it's just gathering dust these days.

Restored a Z9 once, did it in my grandmothers living room whilst she was away for a few months. Only the clean stuff entered the house, she never had a clue. If I had the spare cash and time I would like to do the same to an old Triumph T140D. Can't see that happening some how, not with one sproglet in nappies and one just out.

Restored a Z9 once, did it in my grandmothers living room whilst she was away for a few months. Only the clean stuff entered the house, she never had a clue. If I had the spare cash and time I would like to do the same to an old Triumph T140D. Can't see that happening some how, not with one sproglet in nappies and one just out.

You built a car in the living room :w00t: Gran Turismo or GT >:)

Yeah was a bit of a squeeze getting it out through the front door ;}

BMW might be entering MotoGP. As the caff's© leading Beemer fan, will jon f be the works rider?

Ha ha. A very different sort of beemer to the ones I favour.

I was in a BMW dealership last week and sat on their S100RR, which neatly fits the new rules for MotoGP. Should be competitive pretty much out of the box. 193BHP in a tiny bike, and that's in standard road trim. Terrifying.

Ha ha. A very different sort of beemer to the ones I favour.

I was in a BMW dealership last week and sat on their S100RR, which neatly fits the new rules for MotoGP. Should be competitive pretty much out of the box. 193BHP in a tiny bike, and that's in standard road trim. Terrifying.

Even my old Itom 50 would be too fast for me today. :shocked: :verysad

The dealership gave me a loan bike while they were changing the fuel filter on mine. It was a 650cc single, and it sounded like an angry cement mixer. It was horrible. As I rode off up the A21 the vibration made my dentures rattle. :shocked:At this point I finally had to accept that I have become middle aged.:)))

The dealership gave me a loan bike while they were changing the fuel filter on mine. It was a 650cc single, and it sounded like an angry cement mixer. It was horrible. As I rode off up the A21 the vibration made my dentures rattle. :shocked:At this point I finally had to accept that I have become middle aged.:)))

You'll be looking at Goldwings next >:)

You'll be looking at Goldwings next >:)

Oh, very droll, I said I was middle aged, I never said anything about completely giving up.

This is what I actually ride, by the way (click to see at a reasonable size)

R850GS Dakar Yellow.jpg

Always preferred the italian stuff, Laverda, Ducati, Guzzis were a bit small. Only beemer I rode was on the island. late 70s. Didn't convince me to change. Mind you those cylinders look like good leg warmers. Nice looking bike as well.

Oh, very droll, I said I was middle aged, I never said anything about completely giving up.

This is what I actually ride, by the way (click to see at a reasonable size)

View attachment 1354

Congratulatios, Jon.

Trainer wheels off.

Congratulatios, Jon.

Trainer wheels off.

Yes, very good Bill, you know you're only jealous.

It's a big heavy bruiser of a thing, but it ges well and handles amazingly. Very clever suspension, works a treat. Currently on nearly 81,000 miles, I reckon it's about half way through its useful life.

650cc single? That's steam engine proportions isn't it? Even my Beemer has only about 360cc per cylinder. But it does have 6 of them and the trainer wheels are non-detachable.