support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Blues Scales

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
Does anyone have an easy or effective way for learning all the blues scales?

I know its: Root, b3rd, 4th. b5th, 5th and b7th.

flexible scales (like mention in the other "how do you practice" post), play around them freely, trying to use as much of the range as possible, it's how I do 'em at least, and besides its fun.

flexible scales (like mention in the other "how do you practice" post), play around them freely, trying to use as much of the range as possible, it's how I do 'em at least, and besides its fun.

I am making some progress 'by ear'. I'm pretty good with D and getting better with C, F and G.

There is a Jamie Aebersold book "Blues in All Keys" with CD which consists of 12 x 3-4 min backing tracks for each blues scale. Very useful as you can practice one at a time, and gradually play several in one session. Very useful IMHO:cool:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

if you look in any jamey aebersold book there is a page of 10 daily practices

exercise 9 and 10 are blues scale exercises which build on the scale starting with the first 3 notes.

There is a Jamie Aebersold book "Blues in All Keys" with CD which consists of 12 x 3-4 min backing tracks for each blues scale. Very useful as you can practice one at a time, and gradually play several in one session. Very useful IMHO:cool:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

if you look in any jamey aebersold book there is a page of 10 daily practices

exercise 9 and 10 are blues scale exercises which build on the scale starting with the first 3 notes.

Thanks guys as always. I do have it but had forgotten!!

Useful book for beginning Rock Saxophone Peter Gelling. Page 26 Track 47 Blues scales in all keys played in 2 mins 38 secs, have it no my iPod daily practice playlist includes all major minor scales and arpeggios . Lots of other useful stuff too. Worth a butcher's.

Last edited by a moderator: