support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Big Rehearsal Space Needed - Shenfield Area

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
I'm not sure where to post this but this seems a reasonable choice ... which probably means I'm wrong.

Anyway, I need to find somewhere big enough for an 8-piece band with horn section to rehearse safely. The problem is the only place I've found up to now is in Southend, which is too far for at least two members. Does anyone know of a barn or similar in the Shenfield area that we could use until it's safe to return to our usual rehearsal studio?

Have you tried a local church or village hall, scout huts sometimes rent rooms?

Our orchestra rehearses in a church.

Jx

Not all take musicians though as we are deemed too loud :(
Reminds me of a rehearsal we had at my local conservatoire with all sax players and the people next-door who attended a yoga class came complaining. :rofl:

That was obviously taken as an incentive to play even louder.

Reactions: Sue
Reminds me of a rehearsal we had at my local conservatoire with all sax players and the people next-door who attended a yoga class came complaining. :rofl:

Our rehearsal building was sometimes shared with the local African community Christian group, who spent a lot of their time chanting and singing. Something about the way the induction loop was fitted in the building meant the Bass player used to channel the congregation through his pick ups and out through his amp!

You should have sent them a note "the vibe is too calm for our style of music, please meditate less!"