support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Better late than never! Hi all!

Tobes

Locality
Bournemouth
Hi there, have been a member for a couple of months now but realised I have not yet introduced myself properly - thoroughly enjoying the forums and resources btw!

About me: I'm 32, married with a lovely three-year-old daughter, who now is the proud owner of a kids silver plastic sax (so she can keep her mits of mine!)

I've recently picked up the alto and tenor - TBH it has really given me a new lease of enthusiasm and fun and so I am making up for lost time - not sure if I'm old enough for this to count as a mid-life but might as well be :)

I studied music at Southampton about 12 years ago and did a master in music composition. Interestingly I had Pete Thomas as one of my tutors for jazz theory and studio techniques I & II, (so if you're reading this, hello Pete, you probably don't remember me but I used to play some jazz on clarinet and regrettably wasn't into sax at the time)

Music wise, I'm into all kinds of jazz - for me, I guess jazz is the way I can lose myself and find myself simultaneously. Finally, I wish I'd picked a different username - is there anyway to change it?

Hi,
Welcome aboard!
If you let Pete or Kevgermany (moderator) know what you want your alternative name to be, I think they'll change it for you.

Cheers,
Amanda

Hello

Welcome from me too, you probably have an idea of the characters on here now!!;}

Jx

Welcome Fingermejig ... [until you get your new name] lmao

Ello mate ...

I have read all your posts and listened to your sound clips ... :welldone

Good to see you here ...

You sure can blow your horn tmuir ... [Sweet] :mrcool

Welcome to the caff©, tmuir or please insert new username.

Found yourself? Better give up in case the police find you, although temporary transference of your credit card to CaSLM control will cure that difficulty. >:)

ENJOY!

Hi Tmuir or whoever?? Welcome to the cafe.

Chris

Hi there, Tobes!

A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind! At least you have moved away from that Clarinet, for which we give thanks..:thankyou::w00t: :welldone:cheers:!

Congrats on having a lovely young daughter. I'm just back from attending my 10yo daughters sports day, now chatting with my 16yo daughter who is revising for GCSE exams, before ringing my 19yo daughter to see how her job interview went at the local Ann Summers.......;}

Anyway just off to do some soprano sax playing.
Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobes?

Are there two of you?

Siamese twins possibly?

Which head does the blowing?

Quite right Jeanette...Two heads indeed lol! No, just had my user name changed, as opposed to have a username that had an initial followed by surname, which was a bit stupid tbh!

Hey Tom, yeah in retrospect, have to agree, the clarinet really sucks (obviously many musicians would dispute this)! Just looked at your sax(s) set-up: Pretty awesome - you've certainly done your homework! Got any clips on here you've recording - would love a listen...:)

Welcome Tobes. Bournemouth was almost a second home for me. During the last 20 years of my working life I spent loads of time in hotels there, especially the Cliffeside, running courses, being on courses, conferences...
YC

Youre nowhere nere late youre only a pup mate
Allansto

Back
Top Bottom