support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Barcelona

The Miro Museum is great, I think it's in Montjuic so you can go there after the sax shop, or maybe better before. There used to be a fantastic place at the top of the Ramblas doing amazing, huge paellas, full of prawns and chicken, nice with a white CVNE Rioja.

It is a city packed with culture : Gaudi : Picasso : Miro : Casals : Paco de Lucia and on and on...The old bars run by old boys who still speak of bullfighting over glasses of sherry and cigarettes of black tobacco that takes your lungs out.
Fiercely Catalan it is a huge city : if you get up on the mountain : ( I don't have the spelling but the mountain of the Jewish cemetery ) the views are astonishing : and yeah the football stadium but after yesterday I'm not going there !!
Does Jazz Is All live there Pete ?
Well, it's not anywhere as Catalan as Girona or towns up the coast are, and huge is relative when you've been to Phoenix and L.A. which are each as big as most of Catalunya I think. The mountain you're thinking of is Montjuíc. As to Jazz Is All, he is said to live there, but I myself have no first-hand evidence of that.

Last edited:
Never been but apparently there is a great horn store there which doesn't surprise me
Yes, Sax-On. It's my tech and his partner's shop. Pete visited when he came here. Great place for vintage saxes, R&C dealer (to make your mouth water at saxes you can't afford), and lots more. Lots of name sax players have given workshops and master classes there although since the Pandemic none of that can happen for obvious reasons. Check out their website for videos of some of them.

I certainly will do Mr. Is All or may I call you Jazz ?
You can call me anything but just don't call me late for scones and tea. Or was that You Can Call Me Dave? Then again Dave's not here, so who the hell am I anyway?
Okay, Jazz is fine or JIA as they did on SOTW or even Michael, which is my actual name.

BTW, your photo is great. I love Sam Butera and regularly listen to Louis Prima and Keely Smith because they are a classic act that has never been topped.

While there, I saw this seagull which inspired me to take the wildlife photo of the year. The seagull had this kind of regal look unlike the ones we get in Brighton (which are just crapping thieving flying rats of the beach IMO).

IMG_0157.jpg

While there, I saw this seagull which inspired me to take the wildlife photo of the year. The seagull had this kind of regal look unlike the ones we get in Brighton (which are just crapping thieving flying rats of the beach IMO).

View attachment 15850
Well, when you've seen one take out a pigeon in flight and then swoop down to rip it apart like I have, they don't seem so regal......although the royals can be quite cutthroat if Shakespeare was right.
The thing about them here is that they don't attack your food when it is in your mouth like the ones on the beaches of Rhode Island. You have to eat with a towel over your head because they swoop right in from behind and snatch whatever it is right out of your lips and hand. Nasty muggers is what they are.

View attachment 15850
Tut, really Pete you should know there are various gulls but there is no such bird as a seagull.
If humans weren't so disgustingly filthy in their disposal of unwanted food the birds wouldn't have developed a taste for it and so started to thieve it.

Last edited:
Tut, really Pete you should know there are various gulls but there is no such bird as a seagull.
If humans weren't so disgustingly filthy in their disposal of unwanted food the birds wouldn't have developed a taste for it and so started to thieve it.
Yes I do actually know that, but initially I was using the term seagulls referring to a football team (hence the Brighton reference).

Besides today is Mr Pedantic's day off.

Yes I do actually know that, but initially I was using the term seagulls referring to a football team (hence the Brighton reference).

Besides today is Mr Pedantic's day off.
So the football team are 'the ones we get in Brighton (which are just crapping thieving flying rats of the beach IMO)?
It's not Grammar nazi cat's day off.