support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Aurus7 Diaphragm Trainer

In my opinion, the proper place for trainers is on the feet ;). (In the UK at least, a "trainer" is slang for a type of shoe).

I've never seen or tried one of these but the advert reads like complete nonsense to me. If you want to imprrove your breathing, do some breathing exercises. It's the mechanism inside your body that matters, not some extrernal device that looks like it's specially designed to ruin your embouchure.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. From the looks of it, it just creates a leak between top lip and mouthpiece beak. If I'm right, you'll get the same effect by lifting your top lip. Whether it help the diaphragm/belly muscles is anyone's guess.

Yours sceptically

More snake oil. Over 40 Euros shipped?

Personally I used a Mk1 diaphragm improver - it's called a saxophone. I have found the more I play it the better my diaphragm control. I'd recommend this method to anyone.

The principle of the device seems to be to temporarily spoil your embouchure and cause a leak so that you have to work harder with your diaphragm to get a tone, thereby training the diaphragm. For beginners there is a much simpler and cheaper method, which is not to develop an airtight embouchure in the first place:

Less long tones!

Last edited:
I can see that a leak may force you to work harder, whether that exercises your diaphragm is hard to say without trying it out.

They recommend 5 minutes a day so I can't see it spoling your embouchure, unless you only practice 6 minutes a day.

I'd prefer to stay open minded. Shall I ask them for a review sample?