support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Art & Design

miss-saxophone

Locality
Maldon, Essex UK
Just signed up to do an art course in Sept at Colchester Inst. I'd like to finish it and then go on to a degree. I did do Music Tech there several times but kept dropping out 'cause of being too paranoid of the people there. Hopefully I'll finish this course as it's also more to my taste. I'm quite the doodler. Wish me luck for the interview soon! ^_^ Pretty excited about it.

Good luck:)

Let us know how you get on.
Jx

William Morris, with a sex change, lives?

Good luck miss-saxophone I like Colchester, in my younger days used to drink in the Red Lion great hotel/pub nice courtyard. Didn`t like the military prison there though. >:) Regds N.

Good luck! Colchester Institute is of good repute. I recall going there once, years ago, I think it was for judging of a regional final of the Young Engineer for Britain competition.

I crossed the Great Divide (Dartford crossing) last week to have a reunion with some old work colleagues at The Swan, Wakes Colne. Very nice old pub just outside Colchester.

Good luck miss-saxophone I like Colchester, in my younger days used to drink in the Red Lion great hotel/pub nice courtyard. Didn`t like the military prison there though. >:) Regds N.

Why not - were you a guest of theirs?>:)

Kev, you're so cheeky! Thank you everyone. :D Looking forward to the letter (interview date) ^_^

Good luck Miss Saxophone. I hope the interview goes well and you enjoy your course

...I like Colchester, in my younger days used to drink in the Red Lion great hotel/pub nice courtyard. Didn`t like the military prison there though. >:) Regds N.

I did my degree at Essex Uni on the edge of Colchester...we were advised to steer clear of certain pubs in town, to avoid the students and the squaddies meeting - it often ended in fights.... mind you that was in the 80s, I understand the 70s were even worse, with some students siding with the pickets of the port, stopping the coal coming in.

Why not - were you a guest of theirs?>:)

Okay kevgermany you have got me bang to rights. In fact I was an Assisting Officer, a term you might not be acquainted with unless you have a military background.

The case in question was a young private accused of selling his cigarette allowance to a German worker on base at Monchengladbach Germany.

It was decided that an example had to be made of this poor guy and he was sent for court-martial convicted and sentenced to 3 months in Colchester.

I had met this soldier in Aldershot during on what was then called WASB officers course, he opted out.

It was the right of every soldier in those days to ask for an assisting officer and as he knew me requested I assist.

So I got a trip to Colchester to help him with the non-legal paperwork. Really scary for that poor guy and me.

Incidentally on leaving the service at the end of the fifties this chap became a very successful building contractor known internationally. Regds N. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Miss Saxophone. I hope the interview goes well and you enjoy your course

I did my degree at Essex Uni on the edge of Colchester...we were advised to steer clear of certain pubs in town, to avoid the students and the squaddies meeting - it often ended in fights.... mind you that was in the 80s, I understand the 70s were even worse, with some students siding with the pickets of the port, stopping the coal coming in.

Hi Mandy, I am talking about the early sixties we were much more refined and did not indulge in bar room brawls. We used to indulge in fisticuffs (Marquis of Queensbury Rules) in the courtyard of the Red Lion should bar -room rivalries lead to this.

Imagine the scene, two DA haircutted turks, their velvet collared drape suit jackets neatly folded in a corner, crepe soled shoes shining like beacons below their 14 inch bottom drainpipes. A bevy of beehives quietly smoking woodbines looking on and discreetly sipping their snowballs. While the brylcreemed boys formed a ring of technicolour suited splendour. Let battle commence or the dream to end. Regds N:D

if that avatar beside your signature is one of your doodles then lucky wishes arent needed....your doodle says the interview will be a dawdle

(but good luck anyway )

When you pass you will then become a doodler and a noodler :)

Best of luck Miss S

if that avatar beside your signature is one of your doodles then lucky wishes arent needed....your doodle says the interview will be a dawdle

(but good luck anyway )

Yeah, I did that on Art Rage. Quite a funky little program. Thank you very much THT. :D

Back
Top Bottom