support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Arranging for a Horn Section - Any Tips ?

Hi rhysonsax et al,

I am arranging for a 3-horn band and we are looking for the sheet music for 100 Days, 100 Nights.
Would it be possible to get a copy of your arrangement/transcription?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Alex

Hi rhysonsax et al,

I am arranging for a 3-horn band and we are looking for the sheet music for 100 Days, 100 Nights.
Would it be possible to get a copy of your arrangement/transcription?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Alex
I don't think this website has 100 Days, 100 Nights, although it might be added soon, but Horn Scores do have loads of other horn arrangements, including the original Sibelius files for editing. I recently bought the entire catalogue and they are quality parts.

Lots of Soul, Funk, Disco, Motown stuff. Horn Scores | Horn Parts | Sax Parts | Trumpet Parts

I don't think this website has 100 Days, 100 Nights, although it might be added soon, but Horn Scores do have loads of other horn arrangements, including the original Sibelius files for editing. I recently bought the entire catalogue and they are quality parts.

Lots of Soul, Funk, Disco, Motown stuff. Horn Scores | Horn Parts | Sax Parts | Trumpet Parts

That looks a useful site - thanks for pointing it out.

Rhys

Yes, I reckon the Dap-kings are the perfect soul horn section - just trumpet/tenor/bari. PM me your email and I'll send the .pdf files of my transcript. It might need a bit of tweaking - we've only gigged it once and it sounded OK but we've never gone through it in fine detail.
Hi Dooce, I'm new to the site and unable to privately message yet that I can tell, but I'd love to procure a copy of your horn charts for this tune! Perhaps you are able to privately message me?
Andie

I am the only horn player in the covers band I play with and I write out a simplified horn part for the soul, R&B, blues and other numbers we play. Sometimes the keyboard player will also play horn parts with a "brass section" setting.

For an upcoming gig we have got a four piece horn section (bari, tenor, trombone and trumpet), so I am trying to arrange the horn parts to give an authentic section sound.

Have you get any tips for making the section writing sound great ?

Rhyw
No tips,. One of my favourite horn section parts is s
I am the only horn player in the covers band I play with and I write out a simplified horn part for the soul, R&B, blues and other numbers we play. Sometimes the keyboard player will also play horn parts with a "brass section" setting.

For an upcoming gig we have got a four piece horn section (bari, tenor, trombone and trumpet), so I am trying to arrange the horn parts to give an authentic section sound.

Have you get any tips for making the section writing sound great ?

Rhyw
No tips, one of my favourite horn section
Parts is Simon and Garfunkel keep your customer satisfied,. I'll upload iit when I next get to a computer, maybe someone else will do it, well worth a listen

Doesn't mean you mustn't reply to an old thread, especially with relevant new info, just that it can be worth checking if the OP is still around.

In fact if you have a question that is not exactly the very similar, then it may be better too resurrect a thread rather than starting a new on.

Doesn't mean you mustn't reply to an old thread, especially with relevant new info, just that it can be worth checking if the OP is still around.

In fact if you have a question that is not exactly the very similar, then it may be better too resurrect a thread rather than starting a new on.

This Old Poster is still around and still interested.

Rhys

Hi Dooce, I'm new to the site and unable to privately message yet that I can tell, but I'd love to procure a copy of your horn charts for this tune! Perhaps you are able to privately message me?
Andie

Hi Andie, that post of mine that you quote is over 7 years old - no idea if I still have that transcript but if I find it, I'll let you know.