• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Tech/maintenance Antique Finish

I love the look of a vintage horn, that has had the tired old lacquer removed, and a new finish applied. The problem for me with sax finishes is the resale value on vintage horns. I have a 1948 10M having the works, I bought it as a non- player and have left the old patchy lacquer on, because I don't know how long I will keep it after the overhaul. If I had a crystal ball and knew it would be a great player, and I could live with the ergos, then I would have stripped the lacquer. The problem is a prospective buyer prefers patchy lacquer because, they believe that it shows the horn has not been buffed to death.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,018
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom