• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Introduction Another newcomer

1000hands

New Member
Messages
3
Location
Portugal
Hello all – I'm new here, but old in general. I played bass clarinet, alto clarinet, and flute in the past, but that ended when I finished high school, long ago. (AD 1975.) Played guitar and bass guitar in the meantime, picked up a flute a few years ago, and bought my first saxophone, an alto, last year.

Got another sax a few months ago, and against all advice, this one is a C Melody. If playing a C Melody isn’t bad enough, both my saxophones are Chinese made. I have no career ambitions. I’m retired and play only in my living room, mostly with backing tracks from YouTube. Joining here to learn what I can.
 
Hello all – I'm new here, but old in general. I played bass clarinet, alto clarinet, and flute in the past, but that ended when I finished high school, long ago. (AD 1975.) Played guitar and bass guitar in the meantime, picked up a flute a few years ago, and bought my first saxophone, an alto, last year.

Got another sax a few months ago, and against all advice, this one is a C Melody. If playing a C Melody isn’t bad enough, both my saxophones are Chinese made. I have no career ambitions. I’m retired and play only in my living room, mostly with backing tracks from YouTube. Joining here to learn what I can.
Welcome to Cafe Saxophone. So nice you’re continuing your musical journey. Including a C Melody. There’s a thread
C Melody here. I would love to hear your feedback on the Chinese model C.
 
Got another sax a few months ago, and against all advice, this one is a C Melody. If playing a C Melody isn’t bad enough, both my saxophones are Chinese made. I have no career ambitions. I’m retired and play only in my living room, mostly with backing tracks from YouTube. Joining here to learn what I can.
Welcome to the forum, @1000hands .

Well, obviously then many of us in this forum are guilty as charged, own and play various Chinese saxes (Taiwan and mainland China), including a few pros. If it plays, who cares who and where made?

And, I see you are one the good folk starting on clarinet. 😉 (Started on clarinet in 6th grade mid 1960's.)

Regarding the C Melody, don't have one yet but have room in my GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). We have a number of threads on the C Melodies and owners here of them.

Again welcome and hope to hear more from you!
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,278
Messages
576,491
Members
8,087
Latest member
saxn00b445
Back
Top Bottom