support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

and now........Introducing...........

Maurice Oliva

Hello, My name Is Maurice Oliva and I'm a profesional saxophone out of Ca. I play sax for a living as well as buy and sell used and vintage saxophones and accessories. I also am a member on sotw.net. My passion is sax and I love being involved with the sax community and sharing all of are trials and tribulations as well as meeting new friends... and constantly trying new gear :) Great to meet everyone!

Hi Maurice

Welcome to the café - I'm sure you'll have fun. Normally we'd be envious of your Californian weather, but it's actually been warm and sunny for several consecutive days now, which is worrying! Even in darkest Border Marcher country in Shropshire it's been about 27/28C today (about 81F). It's an improvement on the 7C that we had 10 days ago (that's 44F).

Hi Maurice, welcome to the cafe. You are going to have fun here. As tenorviol states weather here is marvellous plus we have the added pleasure next weekend of HRH Queen Elizabeth diamond jubilee celebrations.

Now here is a little story about her consort Prince Phillip. As you probably know the Royal Family has a complex riff of European blood within their genetic pool.

Now as a child Prince Philip longed to play a musical instrument and his mum Alice of Battenberg (not to be confused with that rather delicious cake) bought him an alto saxophone. But after two lessons he gave it up, and when his mum asked why he replied "Mama that damned music is all Greek to me." So he became a sailor instead and married a Princess. Now that is true because it was reported in the August the fifth 1957 edition of the National Enquirer. Best Regards N.

Hi Tom, One question which if you have read "Under Milk Wood " has always puzzled me, Capt. Cat the blind retired seafarer has a dream dialogue with drowned mariners from vessels presumably under the Captains command.

How is it that Capt. Cat survived but his underlings perished. Is it because he had nine lives.(Excuse the pun) or like his village does it mean Llareggub. >:) Best regds N.

Hi Tom, One question which if you have read "Under Milk Wood " has always puzzled me, Capt. Cat the blind retired seafarer has a dream dialogue with drowned mariners from vessels presumably under the Captains command.

How is it that Capt. Cat survived but his underlings perished. Is it because he had nine lives.(Excuse the pun) or like his village does it mean Llareggub. >:) Best regds N.

The dream sequence is "contemporary" but does involve 5 characters who had previously perished under Capt. Cat's command - not necessarily at the same time, and would have perished at some unspecified point in time. Cat would have been alive at the time that they died but any dream sequence will involve a significant degree of creativity, not necessarily factually accurate but emotionally and psychologically "true".

Hope this helps.
Tom

Thanks Tom, Nicely put in a nutshell. Dylan was brilliant and had the capability of mixing in a degree of humour within the more serious aspects of human, or should I say spiritual in this case, emotional behaviour as illustrated in the drowned voices answers. best regards N.

My wife and I had a lovely Sunday evening a few weeks ago at the Laugharne Festival - a concert in the local congregational chapel there, given by Robin Williamson - doing some of his settings of Dylan Thomas poetry (The Seed at Zero - ECM) whilst playing either acoustic guitar or harp - magical!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom