PPT mouthpieces

Alto Sax damaged. Need info!!

Even your house contents would cover it if it includes items away from home although if you're lucky the repair will be less than the excess.

Agree with above. My tenor sax was in the boot of my car in its case. It's a snug fit. I had to make an emergency stop and braked very hard, the ABS and other tech kicked in to stop the car very quickly. I felt the tenor case thud into the back of the rear seat. The case probably moved about one inch in all, but it wil have endured a substantial G force as I braked from about 50mph (80kph) to nothing in a very short distance.

I was driving to a Café Trio session. The sax just wouldn't play very well with problmes similar to what you describe and it had been OK. I took it to the tech who adjusted octave mechanism and there were two leaks. The bill was £30 to sort it all out.

Stephen is the man. On the lucky side of the equation my tenor fell off the back of my motor scooter and suffered no damage. It was in a Pro-Tec case.

My sop case was on the floor and fell onto its side, fortunately no sax damage but I was very worried until I could play it and check:)

Jx

Each vintage saxophone brand and model offers unique challenges from setting up the table keys properly to adjusting and regulating the multitude of perm-adjusters and set screws. When notes won't play on a saxophone it's almost always due to air leaks. The tan/brown leather pads under the keys are supposed to seal the air from the tone holes. If a pad doesn't seal well, the saxophonist has to blow harder or squeeze the key until it seals. For more info regarding musical instruments rent or repair, go through this page of Webmusic. A good quality saxophone that is repaired properly should play as well as it did when it was new. And a good saxophone that is maintained properly should last a lifetime.

If your saxophone is insured, the policy may cover accidental damage. Allianz instrument insurance covers this.

Even your house contents would cover it if it includes items away from home although if you're lucky the repair will be less than the excess.

Although my sax was listed on my policy but I made the mistake of indicating the damage occurred away from home, case dropped on the driveway immediately outside my house. The company refused to pay! Fortunately the damage minor and the bill was small.
Any future accidents, none I hope, will occur within the precincts of my house!

Each vintage saxophone brand and model offers unique challenges from setting up the table keys properly to adjusting and regulating the multitude of perm-adjusters and set screws. When notes won't play on a saxophone it's almost always due to air leaks. The tan/brown leather pads under the keys are supposed to seal the air from the tone holes. If a pad doesn't seal well, the saxophonist has to blow harder or squeeze the key until it seals. For more info regarding musical instruments rent or repair, go through this page of Webmusic. A good quality saxophone that is repaired properly should play as well as it did when it was new. And a good saxophone that is maintained properly should last a lifetime.
Not sure where your link is supposed to point to but it just goes to a Google + page for what seems to be a music shop, but the only entry is a picture of some violins.

By the way @Carrie Williamson you sound quite knowledgeable so perhaps you could introduce yourself in the Doorbell section of the forum. ;)

It is a well know store for repairing and renting music instruments, including all types of music instruments like piano, violin, saxophone, guitar, etc. Once visited there with a friend. (I only had that much info about it) He was taking music lesson there for saxophone and his son for guitar.. And I came to know more about musical instruments, hope it could be helpful for somebody..