support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Advice Vandoren A28 V5 Alto Mouthpiece

I bought this mouthpiece on EBay and I cannot get a sound out of it.
The inside of the mouthpiece has a big slant inside - almost looks like it’s been modified in a way.
I have played on Vandoren A28 mouthpieces before and had no problem but this one is impossible. I’ve tried different Reeds too.

We need a lot more information in order to help you, otherwise we are just guessing.
Take a few clear, close-up pictures of the mouthpiece and post them here. Otherwise we are blind and can't really give you any constructive help.
The A28 is a close, fairly short facing designed for classical use. So tell us, what reeds, and at what strengths, have you tried? Were they new reeds or had you used them on other mouthpieces? And how long have you been playing?

Thanks - I’ve been playing many years and the Reeds etc all work with my other Vandoren mouthpiece. Done grade 8 so shouldn’t have a problem getting notes really.

Attachments

• 573ADB88-D670-4F1B-8193-AABFE57899BF.jpeg
    573ADB88-D670-4F1B-8193-AABFE57899BF.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 286
If you look on junkdude.com, they have some pictures of V5 alto mouthpieces, and the tips look nothing like this one - it looks as if someone has sanded the end down radically.

Just curious--what is the seller's positive rating on ebay? Has the seller been a member for a while? I lost $50 many years ago from a supposed seller. After I (and many others) sent negative feedback, his site was pulled. There may be a refund available through ebay or paypal now. You might want to check into that. I hope that my suspicions are not correct. Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom