support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

achieving the dream

annewee

Locality
Clitheroe, Lancs, UK
For most of my life, since playing recorder at school really, I have always wanted to learn the saxophone but it was never the right time. Now at 40, and 2 children later I finally got my saxophone on Friday.

Its going to be a long time before I'll be able to play to any where near the standard i'd like but at least I can do a few notes already and i can get revenge on my boys while noisily practising!:D

Hey Hey annewee ...

Welcome to the cafe ... :thumb:

It's a great journey, you have loads of fun to look forward to ... [Revenge can be sweet] ... ;}

Which sax did you get? Tell us more ...

Hi Annewee!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from Skabertawe, down by yer in South Wales, mind. Which sax have you gone for - Alto or Tenor, or other?

It's a great journey to embark on, especially now that you are old enough to be seriously cool. Lots of advice available on equipment, learning materials, technique, and producing a good sound. Don't rush anything and just concentrate on getting the sound as nice as you can, rather than playing loads of notes. Be great to hear how you get on in the coming weeks and months.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Welcome from me too.

I only started learning to play sax at the end of March. :)

I am sure you will have lots of fun with it, have you got a tutor?

Jx

Hi annewee

Welcome aboard,now your living the dream there's lots of fun ahead ENJOY...john

thanks for the warm welcome. I'm learning alto sax. I've no tutor at the moment but hope to find one soon.

Do check out www.musicteachers.co.uk and use "search" - there are about 20+ sax teachers in Lancashire.

Tutors can be really helpful in getting you started. Folksoften have a 30 min lesson weekly/fortnightly as fits your commitments. If you do get one make sure that they like the sort of music that you want to learn to play.

Kind regards
Tom

Big welcome from me as well. My oldest plays the calrinet (rather better than I play sax...) but every now and then he thinks he can blast me out..... He's WRONG!!!!

Welcome to the caff© annewee.

At last, we have our own Clitheroe Kid but don't worry, anything you do will be far more pleasant.

ENJOY!

Welcome to the dream Annewee
Dont worry some of us start way later than you, I was 54
I felt like a child at christmas the day my sax got delivered.
Look forward to hearing more on your progress.

Welcome to the cafe Annewee :)

Well done on realising your dream :thumb: enjoy :sax:

Hi - you're a positive youngster! I was in my 30s before I sang a note, I took up the bass viol at about 42, picked up the tenor viol at about 45, and the alto sax - less than a month ago at 51.... So, what are the odds I'll pick tenor sax?

Welcome to the Cafe Annewee. :welldone
I started playing 2.5 years ago, aged 43. Like you I'd learnt recorder in school, and 3 children later I decided it was time to give the alto sax a go.
I thoroughly enjoy playing and learning. The advice on here is often invaluable, and is always good humoured. As others have said, I would advise finding a tutor that you get on with, who listens to you and tries to take your learning journey where you want it to go. :sax:
I couldn't get on with my first tutor, IMHO he was next to useless, so I left him after 6 lessons or so, then I found my current tutor. We just clicked from day one and it's been a brilliant journey eversince.
I am now toying with the idea of taking up the baritone too.
Never worry about asking a question here, if you are after advice. There will always be someone who can help, and as it says on the forum the only silly questions are the ones you never ask. :)))
Take Care :D

Hello Annewee, welcome to the cafe and have lots of fun with the new sax!
Juju

Welcome to the cafe. I hope you enjoy your new found passion!

Hi Annewee, welcome to the cafe.

Back
Top Bottom