PPT mouthpieces

Absolute 6 Bari Sax mpc

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
I have a Selmer S80 C* (or possibly D) mpc on my Bari Sax, but I was given an Absolute 6 as a Christmas present.
The bore on the Absolute (the bit that goes on the neck of the sax) is much bigger than the bore of the Selmer.
As a result, the Absolute does not actually fit my Bari Sax.
If I push the Absolute fully on until it completely covers the cork and further, it is still wobbly on the neck, plus it is way, way sharp.
I have tried packing the cork out with cigarette paper (which wasn't thick enough, even when I used 4 layers!) and even ordinary printer paper.
When I could get the mpc off far enough to bring the sax in tune, the mpc, although tight at its open end, was wobbly on the neck, suggesting to me that the bore is more parallel than the tapered cork on my sax neck.
I don't want to comit to having the cork replaced just yet, until I am confident that the Absolute is a better option, and even then, once I have the cork replaced, I'd never be able to use the Selmer again (nor the Meyer 7 that lurks in a drawer!)
Are there any viable, possibly temporary, suggestions on how I can trial the Absolute for a while, or how I could be able to use both the Absolute and the Selmer on the same cork / neck?
Thanks.

Yes, wrap the cork with PTFE tape. The Absolute Bari mouthpiece is lovely, and not a huge mouthful like a lot of other Bari pieces.

Are there any viable, possibly temporary, suggestions on how I can trial the Absolute for a while, or how I could be able to use both the Absolute and the Selmer on the same cork / neck?

Once you have managed to play test it. If you like to keep it, there are ways to reduce the size of the bore. I've done it. It's not very pretty, requires messing with special glue and some fine sanding . But it is very doable. I found a video explaining the process online. Here it is:

Thanks.
I have sourced some PTFE tape - at 69p for a 12m roll, I should be able to work out if it's a better mpc for me.
As you say @kevgermany it's a much smaller mpc - I needed to put my alto ligature on it. The Tenor lig was way too big too!