support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A thousand posts!

jonf

:w00t:

So I've reached a benchmark of a thousand posts on this forum. A mere drop in the ocean compared to some, but it still feels a lot to me. I've seen a few people come and go, but lots of regulars hanging around, chewing the fat. It's a testament to what a great forum this is that so many people stay and continue to spend their time posting. A special thanks to Pete for establishing and supporting the forum, but really, it's thanks due to the diverse range of posters who enrich the forum so much.

:welldone:welldone:welldone

Now, before I start to get all emotional, I must go and blow some tenor.

Just wait until you are old enough to have something useful to say......:shocked::w00t:;}
Or, like me and OG, who don't care any more, and can just wing it..........;}

You'll get there one day, Sonny!

Kev,
This ageist post must be moderated and the poster banned.

We must not discourage the younger generation and may I assure you that this is posted in support of the youngsters with no consideration of my own interests id est PENSION.

Kev,
This ageist post must be moderated and the poster banned.

We must not discourage the younger generation and may I assure you that this is posted in support of the youngsters with no consideration of my own interests id est PENSION.

I'm sure Wemeetagain can more than hold his own here. And given his the lack of time for forum posts, I bet he practices more and plays better than most of us as well. :mrcool

I've got a mental image of TM playing a guest spot, followed by Wemeetagain... And TM slinking out, tail/sax between his legs, with a firm determination to flog the saxes and go bully a novice trumpeter instead. :welldone

Judging by the winkies in Tom's post, and the lack of a '...being serious' apology/disclaimer in yours, that you're both having a good laugh at the not inconsiderable risk of confusing anyone new to the forum...

I've checked my profile and it says I have 1057 posts. I must have missed the 1000th - dementia or perhaps death by a thousand posts is a better way to see it?

Anyway, I'll join Jon and say what a great, friendly resource Caf Sax remains.Thanks Pete, Kev and everyone!
YC

This week I do 'ave been learning Candy Dulfer tunes on my Alto....................:w00t::w00t:;}

Candy Dulfer :eek: why play that when youve got maceo parker!!!! (the real master of funk on sax) :p (now theres some useful advice :p) haha

(saying this i have also played candy dulfer and have a good backing tracks for lily was here with i use busking when i go with my alto)

Shouldn't you be in lessons................................or is it lunchtime already? ;}

Well I have just acquired 2 Maceo Parker CD's, so I'll have to pinch some ideas from the master - he is at the Brecon Festival just up the road in August, but I decided to book tickets for Meadow, instead.

Kind regards
Tom:sax: :gathering::gathering::gathering::gathering: