support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A Ballad a Month

Well here goes nothing .... I decided I would post a version here, and I better do so before the end of the month.

Ordered a cheapie microphone, followed rudjarl's handy hints, and here we are.

I don't like it much, but not sure its going to get any better;} anyhow, it's a benchmark to measure future improvement.

http://soundcloud.com/saxplorer/when-i-fall-in-love

Now to think what my Christmas torture will be ....

Last edited by a moderator:
My thinking is to get us to perform ( 'Play'... keeping in mind others are listening) by doing that we will all improve & because our audience is this forums members, the criticism, I am sure will be constructive & sympathetic ....

Maybe Boss you would like to give us something to strive for in the Christmas Tune...
Please ;}

A good point there Ade.

And go on Pete :w00t: ....er :blush: sorry, I mean Mr Thomas! much appreciated.

but not sure its going to get any better;} anyhow, it's a benchmark to measure future improvement.

Well Done Saxplorer,
You will keep raising the bar!

anyhow, it's a benchmark to measure future improvement.

http://soundcloud.com/saxplorer/when-i-fall-in-love

Now to think what my Christmas torture will be ....

Exactly!!!... & you have set your benchmark quite high ... I find my impatience to get a tune online is measured by basic mistakes.. That said it is amazing how you hear yourself while paying.... & thinking I have done it justice... Then reality strikes upon listening to the result.. :shocked: It' a great learning curve...

Thank you for paticipating :thumb:

Adrian

My turn

Well here goes my attempt. We've had altos and tenors so it thought it was only right to try it on the bari. I don't actualy know the tune very well so there are some right clangers, so you'll have to excuse them, other than that I hope you enjoy it.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Re: My turn

Well here goes my attempt. We've had altos and tenors so it thought it was only right to try it on the bari. I don't actualy know the tune very well so there are some right clangers, so you'll have to excuse them, other than that I hope you enjoy it.

DeadAudiolink Removed
Taz...:shocked: that is Great ... Clangers ?? they must be the bell sound I heard in the background ...Lovely to here the baritone... all we need now is a Sop .... Jimu... anyone...

This silly 'OLD DUFFER' wants to know how/what you guys are using to record such great tracks. I want to get in on the act.
My Zoom H2 alone just doesnt do the business.
What do I need, I just haven't a clue :doh:

John :);}

Last edited by a moderator:
This silly 'OLD DUFFER' wants to know how/what you guys are using to record such great tracks. I want to get in on the act.
What do I need, I just haven't a clue :doh:

John :);}

Heck John you old duffer!

There are too many software choices out there to be specific about things. For example I have used cubasis, audacity and most recently garage band (on a MAC). That is just the tip of the ice berg and I only use a couple of settings. Their capability goes way beyond anything I understand or have time for.
I suppose the point I'm getting to is it can be done cheap enough even with a small amount of knowledge such that I have.
So once you have some software of this ilk on your PC, you need an interface to record from a microphone into that software without suffering latency. I bought a cheapo lexicon thing about £45. Now you need headphones.

Next you spent countless hours working it out.
The aim being, importing the backing track into the software.
Getting the interface and software to work together (not as difficult as it may sound, usually plugging the thing in is enough).
Play it / record until you are happy with your performance.
Edit the track (EQ and effects).
Bob's your aunties live in lover!!!

Now I know thats just skimmed the surface and I'm sure as the thread develops others will be able to answer more specific questions. Somewhere, Crazydaisydoo put up a real good video to answer your question If I find it I'll post it.

Now if you want to make backing tracks thats a whole new subject.

Your Zoom H2 can act as an audio interface. That's what I do. Then you just need some recording software like Auacity, which is free, although it can be a bit quirky, as I mentioned in the Mozart duet thread.

Testing the widget