support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What a mess,Please advise me?!

My condolences as well for the loss of your mother. I think that Pete hit the nail on the head by pointing out the difficulty of making a case when a 2nd tech has had the saxophone on the workbench. I suspect that your only recourse will be to share your experience with others by word of mouth to help unsuspecting customers avoid a similar loss with a particular company. It is highly advisable when doing so to keep clear and complete records of every communication, invoice, etc. including photos of the poor work to be able to back up your claims. A few years back a professional player in the U.S. had a similar experience with a shop he sent his sax to for an overhaul. He even went so far as to put up a webpage devoted to alerting others of his experience. He got away with it because he kept unimpeachable and detailed records of the entire transaction. He never did receive monetary compensation but he did get the satisfaction of exposing the poor quality of work and lack of customer service at the shop he patronized which has become a part of its businesses reputation ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
He even went so far as to put up a webpage devoted to alerting others of his experience. He got away with it because he kept unimpeachable and detailed records of the entire transaction. He never did receive monetary compensation but he did get the satisfaction of exposing the poor quality of work and lack of customer service at the shop he patronized which has become a part of its businesses reputation ever since.

Fair enough, but there's a real risk that by starting a campaign like that, the wronged party becomes obsessed and finds it hard to move on. I saw this sort of thing happen when I was at the GMC (UK doctors' regulator) - someone with a genuine grievance pursues it in this way, and before they know it, their campaign takes on a life of its own, and it does more harm than good to the complainant.

Guys, many good points above, but we're moving out of helpful. I think Melissa's got enough to go on now.

New suggestions only please.

Hello Mellisa

My condolences on your loss,I am sorry to hear of these problems with your repairers,are these additional to your previous problems you posted about or is it the ongoing result of those problems.I have to say that I am astounded by the attitude they have shown you and there seeming inability to correct their errors or even show a willingness to do so_One of the problems you will always have is the fact in all cases the instruments are being posted back and forth and a lot of damage can done to instruments by careless handling by couriers and you never really know if some of the damage is transit related although from what you say it does seem unlikely

I have to say that in this time of stress is it really worth winding yourself up trying to get an unmovable object to do just that,like others have said the best thing to do is to accept it as a lesson learnt and move on in other directions.I did pm you some time ago giving. You the contact details of a tech who I am sure would give you an appraisal of the instrument and work needing doing to correct it for your approval before continuing and if you like I could test the instrument if a sax or see him play it if not before he sends it back to you,hopes this helps you in some small way.......John